Rubbing Muffs together

Danhedonia

• Members

Was looking for a Mudhoney-ish pure sludge sound, and sending a Jag into a Twin through a Big Muff. Too much sibilance, and rather than mess around with dialing stuff in, I thought I'd try my Bass Big Muff (recent) instead.

Accidentally, I put both on at once ... whoomf! THAT is the sound I was looking for ...

Did a bunch of A/B-ing to ensure I wasn't missing something and: nope. I need them both, together, to get off. And it has to be Regular BM > Bass BM, not other way 'round.

Anyone else find that duplicating two pedals, or pairing very similar pedals, is greater than the sum ... ???

• Members

Yeah I do it. My Fuzz factory into my Pharaoh sounds great. And the FF into my Walrus Mayflower overdrive also sounds good. But my Muff into my Mayflower isn't so good. FF into my Muff RI sounds pretty good too, if the amount of dirt isn't set too high. And Mayflower>Pharoah sounds very Rat like, thick, heavy distortion. Love it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Yeah I do it. My Fuzz factory into my Pharaoh sounds great. And the FF into my Walrus Mayflower overdrive also sounds good. But my Muff into my Mayflower isn't so good. FF into my Muff RI sounds pretty good too, if the amount of dirt isn't set too high. And Mayflower>Pharoah sounds very Rat like, thick, heavy distortion. Love it.

In general I wouldn't think muffs would make a good driver

• Members

I wimped out on writing Acid Fuzz re: the Boom ... I do have Spacemen 3 history, but after they broke up .... I drool over pics of that thing.

Thanks to decode for the awesome GIF. It's like a visual repro of the sound I got - sort of a sucking, horrible-{censored}ty-beautiful noise of biological tissue ripping.

Archived