I cant believe you closed the thread.

renula

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless it's one of the two people directly involved posting an up.date regarding resolution, I do not wish to see any more debate and discussion on the topic. And the next time I even think I am catching even a whiff of the scent of someone trolling another site, the temp ban will be of epic length

snacks.gif

Quote Originally Posted by hangwire

View Post

I was just typing the same tread to start eek.gif

Phil, srs, your hands are sticky, get your hands out of the cookie jars and stop try to make a villain of a victim

First of all, I told you guys I was going to be closing the thread - days ago. It should come as no surprise to any of you that I did so. You had ample warning and opportunity to make any final comments you wanted to make.

I'm taking NO sides, and frankly, I'm getting tired of those who are trying to make me pick a side. I wasn't involved in the transaction, and neither were any of you, except for the two parties. On one side, we have a well respected builder, on the other, a well respected longtime forumite. I wasn't there, I have no way of definitively proving this either way.

I will say this much - the cross-forum crap needs to stop. Now. Let the two parties deal with it through Paypal. Quit trying to troll HM by buying their pedals and then coming in here to boast about it and shove your cleverness in their face. And please quit complaining about it here if you get bit in the butt because they caught you when trying to do so. Does that justify getting ripped off (if that's what indeed happened)? Obviously not... but again, NONE OF US knows the details except the two people who were involved.

You know... an easy way for me to deal with this is to just say - enough! Close the spam threads here on HCEF for good. If you guys can't deal with the longstanding rules, that would be a much simpler way for me to proceed. I don't HAVE to do a spam thread. I fought with management over that for you guys back in the day - you already have the classifieds...

I'm dealing with trying to write, trying to record, trying to kill off spammers, keep the boards functioning, tons of personal issues and health concerns, and I really am in no mood to deal with petty bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by cryptosonic

View Post

Funny that we can bash TGP all day long but when HM is involved the threads are locked even in the face of a monetary gripe.

Last time I checked, it was mainly people complaining about the vibe at TGP, and the moderators... not really cross-forum trolling like I'm seeing with the HM fiascoes. And yes, eventually, TGP threads often get closed down too when I feel they're out of line or have gone too far. And you're welcome to check, but if you do, you'll also find many similar comments from me about the futility and uselessness of wasting time complaining about forums you don't like when there is a plethora of other forums out there that you can choose from.

BTW, for the record - I'm a member at TGP too. wave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by renula

View Post

Brent never mentioned the tree house in his thread. They came in spilling the beans. I dont care if I'm banned. I stand for the truth.

Brent also didn't mention he was trying to score a HM fuzz. On one hand, I appreciate that - especially since I am sick of the war stuff between the two sites. OTOH, he had to have known that, in light of the drama surrounding the HWB HM fuzz purchase that he was potentially opening a big can of worms by trying to do so.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

Last time I checked, it was mainly people complaining about the vibe at TGP, and the moderators... not really cross-forum trolling like I'm seeing with the HM fiascoes. And yes, eventually, TGP threads often get closed down too when I feel they're out of line or have gone too far. And you're welcome to check, but if you do, you'll also find many similar comments from me about the futility and uselessness of wasting time complaining about forums you don't like when there is a plethora of other forums out there that you can choose from.

BTW, for the record - I'm a member at TGP too. wave.gif

While I agree and acknowledge everything you have said Phil public shaming is about the only avenue open to the used music gear community when scammers pop up. HC, TGP, talkbass, ILF, etc are all connected, even FSB and other music forums such as HM. If somebody is selling {censored} on any of these forums and is not on the up and up I say throw the {censored}er out, and broadcast that {censored}.

• Members

View Post

First of all, I told you guys I was going to be closing the thread - days ago. It should come as no surprise to any of you that I did so. You had ample warning and opportunity to make any final comments you wanted to make.

I'm taking NO sides, and frankly, I'm getting tired of those who are trying to make me pick a side. I wasn't involved in the transaction, and neither were any of you, except for the two parties. On one side, we have a well respected builder, on the other, a well respected longtime forumite. I wasn't there, I have no way of definitively proving this either way.

I will say this much - the cross-forum crap needs to stop. Now. Let the two parties deal with it through Paypal. Quit trying to troll HM by buying their pedals and then coming in here to boast about it and shove your cleverness in their face. And please quit complaining about it here if you get bit in the butt because they caught you when trying to do so. Does that justify getting ripped off (if that's what indeed happened)? Obviously not... but again, NONE OF US knows the details except the two people who were involved.

You know... an easy way for me to deal with this is to just say - enough! Close the spam threads here on HCEF for good. If you guys can't deal with the longstanding rules, that would be a much simpler way for me to proceed. I don't HAVE to do a spam thread. I fought with management over that for you guys back in the day - you already have the classifieds...

I'm dealing with trying to write, trying to record, trying to kill off spammers, keep the boards functioning, tons of personal issues and health concerns, and I really am in no mood to deal with petty bullcrap.

when you love something, you don't threaten it

your opinion is biased to the point that someone like me who doesn't know all this drama feels you are coming off as trying to balance a clear wrong against a smattering of pet peeves.

please sit back and let that soak in without reacting.

• Members

I do think it's worth noting:

1. I bought the HM fuzz for completely troll purposes. And it was clever.

2. Brent (in all honesty to the best of my knowledge) was trying to buy the HM fuzzes because the guy is a fuzz aficianado and genuinely wanted one just to try/play/enjoy. Even though he used Goodhonk's account to try and get some various versions, it was never for trolling motives.

3. He really didn't get "caught" trying to troll HM--it was just bad timing for him because i posted my demo thread before his pedals had shipped. we weren't even in contact about any of it until afterwards. If we were indeed in cahootz about some sort of broader troll plot, i would've waited until his shipped first.

Quote Originally Posted by cryptosonic

View Post

While I agree and acknowledge everything you have said Phil public shaming is about the only avenue open to the used music gear community when scammers pop up. HC, TGP, talkbass, ILF, etc are all connected, even FSB and other music forums such as HM. If somebody is selling {censored} on any of these forums and is not on the up and up I say throw the {censored}er out, and broadcast that {censored}.

And again, I gave both sides ample opportunity to have their say. One of the two parties involved in the transaction sent me a PM saying he preferred to not reply in public and that he wanted to deal with it via official channels. While I would have also been interested in what his side of things were, commenting or not commenting is his decision. Everyone had plenty of opportunity to have their say, warn others, etc. I also left it open for further discussion from either of the two directly involved parties if they want to update us in the event of an eventual resolution, Paypal dispute decision, etc. I just don't see what is to be gained by letting it continue, nor any benefit to the forum at large by letting the thread stay open.

• Members

View Post

And again, I gave both sides ample opportunity to have their say. One of the two parties involved in the transaction sent me a PM saying he preferred to not reply in public and that he wanted to deal with it via official channels. While I would have also been interested in what his side of things were, commenting or not commenting is his decision. Everyone had plenty of opportunity to have their say, warn others, etc. I also left it open for further discussion from either of the two directly involved parties if they want to update us in the event of an eventual resolution, Paypal dispute decision, etc. I just don't see what is to be gained by letting it continue, nor any benefit to the forum at large by letting the thread stay open.

thanks for leaving it open as long as you did.

Quote Originally Posted by hangwire

View Post

when you love something, you don't threaten it

your opinion is biased to the point that someone like me who doesn't know all this drama feels you are coming off as trying to balance a clear wrong against a smattering of pet peeves.

please sit back and let that soak in without reacting.

I didn't threaten the site. I merely threatened to remove the spam thread if people can't use it responsibly. And FWIW, I don't "love" the spam thread. It's extra work and hassle that I do for the sake of you guys.

There's no bias on my part. In fact, I'm the one person who has steadfastly refused to take sides in this. I have one person telling me he's made a refund and is ready to make a second one just to get the other party to go away, and the other party telling me the first one is not telling the truth. How the heck am I supposed to make a judgment call on that when I have no evidence, no involvement, and absolutely no authority over the matter whatsoever? If anything, my allegiance and bias is to this site above all others, and it is with that in mind that I am addressing this stuff. There are few things more detrimental to a site than an ongoing flame war with another site, and some of you guys really seem to want to push things in that direction, as do some of the HM folks.

I'm the site administrator here, and a very occasional poster over there. I don't own any of the HM fuzz pedals. In fact, I don't believe I've posted at all over there since the HWB fiasco, so your "he's biased towards HM" response doesn't hold up under scrutiny. What I don't want is any cross-site warz - especially at a time when my personal life allows me scant extra time to deal with that at the moment.

Now why don't you sit back and save your responses for something you have a clue about. wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by renula

View Post

Brent never mentioned the tree house in his thread. They came in spilling the beans. I dont care if I'm banned. I stand for the truth.

View Post

Brent also didn't mention he was trying to score a HM fuzz. On one hand, I appreciate that - especially since I am sick of the war stuff between the two sites.

Well I couldn't do both now could I. Wanting to avoid drama, I didn't say anything about it being a HM fuzz that I was offered. Again that part isn't important. This isn't a HCFX vs HM thing from my view at all (although it appears there was involvement form many HM members and discussion of it on their forum). This is a Brent got scammed thing. Be it a HM fuzz or a Boss Metal Zone. Doesn't matter.

What did happen even without mentioning HM - is HM member descended in droves and relayed that the intent was to scam me from the get go.

View Post

OTOH, he had to have known that, in light of the drama surrounding the HWB HM fuzz purchase that he was potentially opening a big can of worms by trying to do so.

Well Phil, you've got HM members, who are also members here at HCFX PM'ing HCFX members offers on HM pedals. One has even gone to TGP and craigslist with their offers.

I have no intention of posting about how smart I am for breaching anything. I was just thought I'd give the pedal a whirl. And got screwed.

Two more comments since the other thread is closed:

-I would be interested if as a HM member you could confirm what I posted in response to your bizarre slanted statement in the other thread. In particular regarding HM members informing me that my personal information was posted on their forum, along with elaborate plans for a hoax/troll from the get-go. As a moderater here - and a member there - if you were aware of that (and if you frequent the site I'm not sure how you couldn't be but perhaps you don't visit it for months at a time?) I don't see how you couldn't alert me and try to prevent it.

-Also, for what it is worth, it seems to me that all HM/HCFX drama seems to have originated with HM. From the voting scandal, to the HWB troll, to the scam of myself. The list goes on. Hell, even the posting of their 'mysterious' wares here hyping them up in unrelated threads could be considered cross forum trolling yet is never questioned.

Anyway, I am done talking about this. I would appreciate responses, but obviously feel free to avoid. If you would like me to update once paypal and the BBB have a resolution, I will do so.

Again the whole point here was to make others aware of what happened. Not to received a resolution or judgement from the forum. Obviously that can't happen. Members here can use their own judgement when buying/selling/trading on this forum, but I know I would want to know if a group of people were collaborating to scam people. Removing the spam thread there as you threatened wont stop it from happening in the classifieds or through PM's.

Like you, this i the last thing I want to deal with right now. Although I don't think $125 is a petty amount.

Thanks,

Brent

Archived