not enough space for the saddle to get my guitar intonated right - any hints?

sparkfriction

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr benn

View Post

How high are your pickups raised??

Could be adding to the problem

PU's are ok... thats not the problem. I know that problem and checked them too - but thanks you

Quote Originally Posted by lowbrow

View Post

Sometimes you get a string that just isn't right...if it intonated before, and you went up in size, I'd recommend you replace that string and try again.

yeah seems so... i tried it with a new set...

• Members

update: without the spring behind the saddle and new strings i come close, but its still to sharp and not enough space...

i did a compromise and now its ok on the first 8 frets... thats enoguh for the lower B string...

the master plan is to replace the saddle with some shorter saddles by hipshot.

thank you all wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lucid origami

View Post

I have this problem with an old beater Les Paul I have and am eventually going to take it to the shop. So my question is - have you thought about taking it to a reputable shop? Folks that have intonated guitars 10,000 times are usually pretty good at it.

agreed and yes sure i did it some times. -especially with some older guitars and if had a strange problem like this. But after many years of setting up guitars by myslef. how i said, depends on the problem with the guitar... since i am out of job i cant pay anything at the moment and have to fix my problems self :

oh and it is a ibanez RG - sure, i love this guitar but i am ok with DIY action.

on the other hand, i want to learn/improve the tech-stuff.

Archived