Ipad

ibzprestige

• Members

I mainly use it for amp simulation, and tabs. I really love JamUp Pro for guitar, as it sounds very good, and you can

load songs to practice, and also jam by yourself. I use Garage Band to record ideas when I'm not home, but nothing serious.

The tabs app from Ultimate-Guitars is great, very useful to have around, especially for acoustic players IMO.

I love to mess around with Animoog too.

• Members

Auria is an awesome 48-track mixer. The synths sound great, and there are midi apps to bridge to controllers. The Blue "Mikey' (updated version) is a great condenser mic for recording live shows/gigs, and has a very smooth auto gain, no bad sounding "step-up" sounds. Also I just got into some of the amp modeling with irig, with the free fende amplitude and garage band, and those are pretty fun/night time convenient. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

That being said, I won my iPad, so that was nice.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ibzprestige

View Post

What's the general thought around here on these for recording and music stuff? Are they useful and innovative or just a trend that will die out?

Incredible IMO.

I've recorded 2 loops so far in GarageBand (used them both live, and got lots of compliments on how the strings and organs sounded... and I think that app is incredible. I was underwhelmed by the MacBooks GarageBand, but the iPad's version is amazing; lots of really usable instruments built in, especially the strings, several of the synths, and organs. Just a ton of fun. And yes, the ipad is incredibly useful for recording rough tracks and loops... Obviously not for much more than that, but more than worth the $6 it costs.

Not to derail the thread.. But what other apps should I take advantage of for more recording stuff?

• Members

I just used my iPad3 last night at acoustic duo rehearsal for the first time. I run my Takamine into the Apogee Jam (digitally inputs my guitar's signal into the lightning port at the bottom of the iPad), into AmpKit app (running the Acoustic amp modeled after the Fender Acoustisonic I think). Using the software's delay with modulation, hall reverb etc. Then out of the iPad's headphone jack into a passive direct box, XLR out to the PA. Sounds amazing.

I will next be creating drum loops in garageband to play to. All mounted in front of me while I play live.

Archived