Anyone go to the Dinosaur Jr. Anniversary show last night and remember all the guests

live-I-evil

• Members

Anyone remember the full list of guests? I remember, Al Cisneros, Frank Black, Kyle Spence from Harvey Milk, Dale Crover, Kevin Drew, Johnny Marr, the dudes from Iron Cross, Lee Ronaldo, and Kim Gordon but I know there were some more I'm forgetting. Also, coolest show ever or coolest show ever?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by live-I-evil

View Post

Anyone remember the full list of guests? I remember, Al Cisneros, Frank Black, Kyle Spence from Harvey Milk, Dale Crover, Kevin Drew, Johnny Marr, the dudes from Iron Cross, Lee Ronaldo, and Kim Gordon but I know there were some more I'm forgetting. Also, coolest show ever or coolest show ever?

Is there a recording to view online yet?

• Members

Haha! No he did keep it real monotone but also kept it real short. Lou was in the band and Kim Gordon came out and sang Why Don't You Like Me for a solid 8 or 10 minutes which Lou definitely seemed to enjoy. I don't think the recording is up yet but they definitely filmed it hopefully they'll stream some and not make it a DVD only situation though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HP Hovercraft View Post
Who sang The Boy with the Thorn in His Side?

I found more guests: Kevin Drew (Broken Social Scene), Tommy Stinson, and Kurt Vile.
Right, I was forgetting Tommy from the replacements. He came out with Fred Armisen playing drums. Kurt Vile opened so I remembered that one and I remembered Kevin Drew. There was one person who I could not figure out who he was, tall guy with glasses and shorter gray hair, I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD to find out. J. sang the Smiths cover, it was rad.

And I definitely will post a link when I find one.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Danhedonia View Post
Where was this? Also - no Lou?!?! (LOLOLOLOL)
Sorry, missed this, it was in NYC at Terminal 5.

Also, I couldn't see J.s pedal board but his amp setup is {censored}ing golden - 100 watt Marshall Jmp into 2 old as {censored} basketweave Marshall cabs, a 100 Watt Marshall PA into 2 handwired basketweave reissue cabs, and a Hiwatt DR 103 into 2 more older Marshall cabs and a Mardhall 6x12, all cranked. It was glorious.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs

View Post

That sounds like tinnitus.

Yeah, I brought 30db earplugs so I was chilling right up front in front of his setup. The dude next to me laughed when I said he should grab earplugs up front and said he saw KISS front row so this would be a piece of cake, when the show was over he was just blanky staring at his friend who was yelling at him about getting home, he couldn't hear {censored}. Didn't seem like a good idea at all.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs

View Post

Do you just bounce back between California and NY?

More or less. I live in California but have a ton of friends in New York so I'm out there at least a few times a year. My friend really wanted to go to this show and no one else did but me so we came out for this weekend. I'm actually on layover in Chicago right now on my way home already. Plus, our good friend Graham is now J.'s guitar tech and plays in his other band Witch so we all just had ourselves a regular brodown.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HP Hovercraft View Post

lolol mascis doing mozzer
With Dale Crover on drums too! I was right in front of Johnny Marr directly behind the photographer there and this douche nozzle behind me was just running around drunk punching people and it was way too crazy for security to get to him, he was there the whole show mad.gif

Archived