The Greatest Rock and Roll Album of All Time.....

The Lou-Dog

• Members

I reckon it's this one.

rolling-stones_sticky-fingers.jpg

It's got everything I want in good rock music....

The songs (bar Sister Morphine which i've never liked much) are great, the musicians are fantastic, Keith is at the top of his game, Mick Taylors solos are phenomenal, Mick Jagger's singing amazing, and him and Keith blend their voices well on almost every track, Billy Prestons organ solo on I've Got The Blues, Mick Taylors solo(s) on Sway, Keiths licks on Bitch, the horns......

Brown Sugar is probably the perfect Rock and Roll song as well.....

What's your absolute favourite?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of the Stones' albums, I would probably choose Let It Bleed over Sticky Fingers, but Sticky Fingers is a great choice nonetheless.

But this thread begs the question of what constitutes as "Rock and Roll" as opposed to Pop, or Art Rock, or Psychedlic Rock, or Hard Rock, or Punk Rock, etc.

I suppose "Rock and Roll" is rootsier and blues-based.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever View Post
Of the Stones' albums, I would probably choose Let It Bleed over Sticky Fingers, but Sticky Fingers is a great choice nonetheless.

But this thread begs the question of what constitutes as "Rock and Roll" as opposed to Pop, or Art Rock, or Psychedlic Rock, or Hard Rock, or Punk Rock, etc.

I suppose "Rock and Roll" is rootsier and blues-based.
I would say it's more of a vibe idn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by The Lou-Dog View Post
I reckon it's this one.

rolling-stones_sticky-fingers.jpg

It's got everything I want in good rock music....

The songs (bar Sister Morphine which i've never liked much) are great, the musicians are fantastic, Keith is at the top of his game, Mick Taylors solos are phenomenal, Mick Jagger's singing amazing, and him and Keith blend their voices well on almost every track, Billy Prestons organ solo on I've Got The Blues, Mick Taylors solo(s) on Sway, Keiths licks on Bitch, the horns......

Brown Sugar is probably the perfect Rock and Roll song as well.....

What's your absolute favourite?
See, I love Sister Morphine but Brown Sugar is a song that I always thought of as "good but not great". I've heard it so many times that I usually skip it if it comes on now.

• Members
the_stooges_-_fun_house_-_front.jpg

whisper.gif Call me a Soccer Mom, but The Stones are one of those groups I prefer as a singles band. Bowie too. When I ran a one person Goodwill intake center, open to close M-F, I kept hiding a record player from the pickup guys, and Through the Past Darkly was always on the very top of the stack. I must have heard it one to three times a day for months. It has nearly everyone of my favorite Stones songs, one after another, including She's a Rainbow, Have You Seen Your Mother, Dandelion and 2000 Lightyears From Now. I adore those high energy, psyche singles.

Broke my {censored}in heart the day I wasn't in and they took it, records and all. cry.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74 View Post
Live+at+leeds.jpg

powerful rock and roll
I was always completely blown away by the version of Magic Bus on this album. What came to the fore for me was how the Oxes live tone hit you over the head like a jackhammer. You got to respect him. The {censored}er went out like a rockstar too.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HotRats View Post
zep2.jpg
Quote Originally Posted by cobalt-60 View Post
the_stooges_-_fun_house_-_front.jpg

whisper.gif Call me a Soccer Mom, but The Stones are one of those groups I prefer as a singles band. Bowie too. When I ran a one person Goodwill intake center, open to close M-F, I kept hiding a record player from the pickup guys, and Through the Past Darkly was always on the very top of the stack. I must have heard it one to three times a day for months. It has nearly everyone of my favorite Stones songs, one after another, including She's a Rainbow, Have You Seen Your Mother, Dandelion and 2000 Lightyears From Now. I adore those high energy, psyche singles.

Broke my {censored}in heart the day I wasn't in and they took it, records and all. cry.gif
Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74 View Post
Live+at+leeds.jpg

powerful rock and roll
{censored} yeah, these are all fantastic albums. Fun House is a big one for me as well.

Archived