What's the deal with . . .

Computicus

• Members

Save on shipping and Paypal fees. A lot of collections are a mix of wanted/popular pedals and pedals that are less popular, by selling them as a group you are banking on the fact that the popular pedals help you get rid of the others as well. I bought a whole pedalboard once that was on Craigslist, it was all Boss and it had a slow gear on it. I sold the same collection again on TGP for double what I paid for it. In hindsight I probably could have gotten more for it if I would have sold them separately, but it would have taken me a lot longer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo

View Post

they have pedals that they haven't been able to sell but can make up for the loss in a package?

Yeah but i don't want your {censored}ty DOD Thrash Master either.

IMO, they obviously don't really want to sell their stuff if they take this approach.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo

View Post

they have pedals that they haven't been able to sell but can make up for the loss in a package?

This. They don't want to take the time to haggle back and forth with somebody over the price of a GE-7, so put it in a package with some good {censored} and let the other guy deal with selling it.

• Members

I dont understand the forced package deals either, but when people let stuff go for way cheaper if you buy more than one item that makes some sense.

I once bought an ebow and it came in a huge box. I was confused until I opened it and it had 2 eq pedals, a load of patch cables, some clip on tuners, and finally the ebow. that seems like the best way to get rid of the {censored} you can't sell, just sneak it in with the stuff people buy.

• Members

i actually had the opposite happen to me once. i had like 5- 6 pedals for sale in the spam forum and some dude from iceland or some place wanted to buy all of them. it seemed soooo sketchy and when i voiced my concern he increased his already generous offer by $50. i said {censored} it, and did it. dude was really nice.

i honestly think people do it so they only have to ship one package or meet someone in some shady ass parking lot once.

Archived