Digitech PDS 2000: price check and thoughts

Faldoe

• Members

Eying one. What's a fair price to pay and does anyone own one? Seems good for things weird. Is it the 8000 that every is after? Anyone use a 2000 I'm their setup? What are some cool things it can do? I saw Kayzer's demo on YouTube: it can do the Hold stuff which I'm a fan of.

• Members

the prices are absolutely ridiculous, might be a best bet to get the rack versions of those pedals (RDS series) as they're usually cheaper. if portability isn't an issue.

I got my 8000 for like $100 6 years ago. freak.gif

• Members

I have one. its pretty neat. (the 2000 not the 8000) I got it for $75 this year. the switches on mine are a little finnicky, and I cant figure out how to get trigger mode to work (admittedly I have not tried particularly hard), but it is a neat pedal. I actually really like the standard delay on it. very crisp and precise sounding... I mean, most digital delays do that I guess, but I digress. The Hold feature is neat and you can do a bit of layering if you finesse it. the ability to then time/pitch bend the sample you have with the time knob is really cool as well.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe View Post
So what's a good price?
even though there are a ton of newer delay pedals with cool options, ive always the pds series.
i'd say anything more than $125 is too much though. the 2000 was my least favorite out of the ones ive tried (1000,1002,20/20,2700)

Archived