The Superego - where do you put it in your chain?

IRG

• Members

I put mine just after fuzz, though first in the chain is good as well depending if you have anything in the effects loop.

no real rule here, the only reason I have it fairly high up is so it can track well. because it freezes notes, It's probably always best to put it before modulation or delay/verb
also having it before your dirt is nice because it is a digital pedal, that way if you have serious gain, you can avoid having your drive signal degraded.

• Members

I have it after all dirt, and after a compressor...the Auto mode tracks better after a comp or boost. I have my POG after dirt, but before comp. Try sticking stuff in the loop in the superego. I liked it so much I stuck my M13 in there.

You prefer the POG before dirt? I like what it does with the harmonic content of distortion and fuzz. Before it kinda sounds like a 12 string plugged into a Mesa or something to me. No likey.

• Members

I've had pog before and after dirt and then its better after. Depending on the dirt pedal, it may not be able to retain the pog's sound that good. Thats why I keep it post dirt, so the low end and all the shape is still there.

To IRG: I don't have a SE either but I've put it post dirt, pre delay/verb, and have the modulation in the loop

Archived