Companion Fuzzes ...FY-2 or FY-6...or both?

Johansolo

• Members

the correct answer is both.

i love both, and the difference between them is very big, to my ears. the Superfuzz almost sounds like a regular fuzz next to the Shin-ei Companion, because the Companion is a total one-trick pony that completely crushes your signal without mercy, while the Superfuzz is more dynamic sounding, more versatyle, and reacts better to your guitar settings and your playing dynamics, and is capable of more "normal" tones. normal is not in the Companions' lexicon at all, it is filthy, wrong, mean, proud of it and unwilling to cooperate.

i prefer the Shin-ei with bass and the Superfuzz with guitar, to keep it short.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by woolyh
Fredric Effects are making a dual FY-2/FY-6 pedal.
Cheers for the mention!

Quote Originally Posted by Snufkino View Post
Nice, but it needs a footswitch for each effect yo.
That's a pedal for another day :-) The aim of the game with this one was to have both effects in one original style enclosure using the same controls, so you get all the FY2/6 sounds in a single pedal. A dual pedal would be interesting, but I can't imagine how evil an FY-2 and FY-6 would sound cascaded. I guess you'd put the FY-6 first, as at least that one can clean up to sound more like a ring mod.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by timhulio

View Post

I can't imagine how evil an FY-2 and FY-6 would sound cascaded. I guess you'd put the FY-6 first, as at least that one can clean up to sound more like a ring mod.

Very. I'm having one built that goes fy-2 into fy-6, sounds very nice.

Archived