NPD: Elements

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

I didn't think the low gain sounded bad, but I did hear that starved splat decay.........but I felt like it was more prominent with the clipping switch in the up or down position .....It's really not that bad, more of a bedroom player's issue, IMO.

If you dial the bass in properly, it can sound a lot more natural with cleaner settings.

For some reason, this pedal really isn't thought about like a fuzz? most expect it to be a distortion with a clean boost mode? idn_smilie.gif

I got a feeling you're right about how well this pedal will cut through a band mix. It has that certain character to it, and it certainly can have a hugeness to the sound. Aggressive, but not what I would call mean.

Can't wait to try it at practice or a gig.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I'm thinkin the low gain would be better with a mix. It certainly sounds nice when I roll off my volume.

It can do some fuzzy stuff, but it dosn't really do the glitchy velcro thing that people seem to enjoy. The Elements fuzz is more muffish in that it gets crazy when you move the bass cut out of the middle position, and it's a big wall of sound type tone.

But yeah, actual usage with a band is it's strong suit.

Archived