Smashing Pumpkins Vs Pearl Jam

bsc590

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by gambit

View Post

maybe you could listen to what someone who's been in the music business for 30 years has to say and learn something? idn_smilie.gif

The guy is nothing but a whore. Makes {censored}ty music that he sells to movies, video games, commercials, tv shows.

Corgan is not an artist.

I can't believe someone would choose smashing pumpkins over pearl jam. Pearl Jam actually have musicians who contribute and are talented.

Billy Corgan hires women who look good with a bass because he has to keep up a certain image.

Enough said.

• Members

hmmm... Pearl Jam always seemed a bit conventional (whatever that means). Pumpkins seemed to be more exploratory. Really haven't paid much attention since the 90's.

Uli Jon Roth of the 70's Scorpions hanging one day with Billy Corgan. Fascinating doc.

Why are all the best music shows on German TV? Or BBC...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BEMUSofNthAmrca

View Post

Billy Corgan hires women who look good with a bass because he has to keep up a certain image.

Enough said.

Darcy rarely looked good. Auderfuurrr was the only one that looked hot in her early days, as did Paz from zwan. The other ladies he s had since then haven't been very hot. Never understood this cause tye bass lines are fairly easy, I'd just find the cutest bassist possible.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BEMUSofNthAmrca

View Post

The guy is nothing but a whore. Makes {censored}ty music that he sells to movies, video games, commercials, tv shows.

Corgan is not an artist.

I can't believe someone would choose smashing pumpkins over pearl jam. Pearl Jam actually have musicians who contribute and are talented.

Enough said.

Except when they had 60+ year old man Mark Tulin as the bassist.

Also their current bassist, Nicole, is a very solid bass player and writes all her own parts/has her own bands, etc. She's no joke. I think she was chosen more cause she's super nice and plays well.

• Members

I'd like to talk about their development and diversity over the years, output, originality, strength of songwriting skills.

But I can't. Because of Billy Corgan's cloying, whiny, squeaky balloon voice.

Seriously, if they stripped his voice back from every master tape and got someone else to sing - Chris Cornell, Frank Black, {censored} it; Daniel Johnston, - then maybe i'd give them more of a chance,

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

Except when they had 60+ year old man Mark Tulin as the bassist.

Also their current bassist, Nicole, is a very solid bass player and writes all her own parts/has her own bands, etc. She's no joke. I think she was chosen more cause she's super nice and plays well.

I'm sure shes great, but the fact his bands keep having women on bass so often is a bit...weird.

• Members

I first discovered the SPs around 1994 (Siamese Dream). If you want a whiney, navel-gazing, prog-grunge-fest they really are/were hard to beat. What I've heard of Pearl Jam doesn't inspire me at all. Also, who gives a **** about musical credibility? What is that anyway?

Archived