The Villano Dude

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly View Post
I hate the new iTunes layout
WTF were they thinking?

The guy who handles IT at our office updated all our computers last week while I was out on a job and installed the new, {censored}ed up iTunes that I'd been avoiding. I cursed him roundly upon my return.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by evets618 View Post
Aaargh! Couldn't agree more.
Every time Apple "improves" stuff, it takes 6 months to figure out the GD UI. You end up clicking on everything randomly like a monkey at a typewriter.
Yap, that's true, they should stick to a system

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly View Post
I hate the new iTunes layout, haven't tried burning anything yet though. Now iTunes won't even open for me, fantastic.
Count your blessings. wink.gif

Actually, I shouldn't say that - I just downloaded the new version, but haven't given it a try yet, so it's unfair for me to make any judgments yet. However, the previous versions of iTunes have been only "okay" at best IMO. But Windows Media Player really isn't any better. Either one gets the job done, but except for basic playback of stuff for enjoyment, whenever I have an option to do the task in another program, I invariably will. That certainly includes burning CDs. I'd much rather use Sound Forge and CD Architect. But that's on my PC. Sony recently released a version of Sound Forge for the Mac (yay!) but from what I've heard, it's not entirely the same as the well regarded and mature PC program. Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out.

• Members

While I still dislike the new itunes, I have no problem with no cd drive in my macbook. I can't remember the last time I had to burn a CD and have a whole spindle just sitting under the desk gathering dust. I only use my dvd drive on my PC when I want to rip a CD or DVD, which isn't often. all my software is via downloads too, there's only one or two things still on CD that I need. good riddance.

Can you tell me a way to get "save as" back in my menu options Travis?

I often like to save alternative versions of mixes by date as I'm working on them. Sometimes Pro Tools will corrupt a mix or session file, and having other recent versions as separate files has saved my backside more than once. Apple, in their infinite wisdom, has apparently decided they don't want me working that way anymore without making me jump through additional hoops. IMHO, that was a really dumb decision on their part.

Archived