OT: HCFX, Lend Me Your Fashion Sensibilities: Boots

notjonahbutnoah

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

anything leather you can apply some otter wax or mink oil to it to water proof it nicely. i've currently got dese in brown, quite nice and the zipper is awesome to have. but they are available in black too. i really like them.

http://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Men.../dp/B001VNCKUI

91wrXLMpNIL._SL1500_.jpg

and dese palladium ones, random company but they are fully waterproof and i've been quite happy with them so far this winter/fall. the tops roll up/down so you can use them as a short boot or as a winter snow/heavy rain boot too if you tie them high

palladium-winter-fall-waterproof-collect

• Members

anything leather you can apply some otter wax or mink oil to it to water proof it nicely. i've currently got dese in brown, quite nice and the zipper is awesome to have. but they are available in black too. i really like them.

http://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Men.../dp/B001VNCKUI

91wrXLMpNIL._SL1500_.jpg

and dese palladium ones, random company but they are fully waterproof and i've been quite happy with them so far this winter/fall. the tops roll up/down so you can use them as a short boot or as a winter snow/heavy rain boot too if you tie them high

palladium-winter-fall-waterproof-collect

• Members

Head to asos.com man. You'll be able to find something there for cheap. They have a lot of boots on sale right now. Just grab some waterproofing stuff and you'll be good to go. Seriously, lots of good deals this sale on boots especially.

• Members

Head to asos.com man. You'll be able to find something there for cheap. They have a lot of boots on sale right now. Just grab some waterproofing stuff and you'll be good to go. Seriously, lots of good deals this sale on boots especially.

• Members

Thanks for all the responses guys! Imma check out the recommended brands/sites and if I don't find anything I like, I'm going with the 1460's.

Thanks! wave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe View Post
I've only been wearing Dr. Martens for 15 ish years, but I think the quality is fine. The 1460 is what I rock 75% of the time. And this winter I've been rocking them 100% of the time. They keep my feet dry and warm and they are comfy and right in your budget.

I'm picking up some 1461's this week and a pair of bronsons in oxblood for when I wanna class it up.
Love docs.
Word, kinda was hoping someone had experience with them. Heh, I haven't owned boots since I was little and they were those Napoleon Dynamite style velcro puffy snow boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Fall View Post
In NYC there are often unavoidable puddles that are deeper then the soles and water gets in by the laces. Same goes for when it snows.
Hmmm, I'm more talkin about snow, mybe the occasional puddle, but I'm not gonna be trudging around trough creeks or anything. I just want a few more inches of water clearance than my usual Vans offer.

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake View Post
I hate "faffing around lacing up" things.
tumblr_m8um5czsa51qawgya.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks & Bones View Post
41VTAVCQ76L.jpg

+

00-plastic-bags.jpg
=

20121006105828_48183.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nightraven View Post
zip_side_full_seam_beatle_boots.jpg
Gentlemen... we have a winner! Is the zipper waterproof though? That's important!

• Members

Thanks for all the responses guys! Imma check out the recommended brands/sites and if I don't find anything I like, I'm going with the 1460's.

Thanks! wave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe View Post
I've only been wearing Dr. Martens for 15 ish years, but I think the quality is fine. The 1460 is what I rock 75% of the time. And this winter I've been rocking them 100% of the time. They keep my feet dry and warm and they are comfy and right in your budget.

I'm picking up some 1461's this week and a pair of bronsons in oxblood for when I wanna class it up.
Love docs.
Word, kinda was hoping someone had experience with them. Heh, I haven't owned boots since I was little and they were those Napoleon Dynamite style velcro puffy snow boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Fall View Post
In NYC there are often unavoidable puddles that are deeper then the soles and water gets in by the laces. Same goes for when it snows.
Hmmm, I'm more talkin about snow, mybe the occasional puddle, but I'm not gonna be trudging around trough creeks or anything. I just want a few more inches of water clearance than my usual Vans offer.

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake View Post
I hate "faffing around lacing up" things.
tumblr_m8um5czsa51qawgya.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks & Bones View Post
41VTAVCQ76L.jpg

+

00-plastic-bags.jpg
=

20121006105828_48183.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nightraven View Post
zip_side_full_seam_beatle_boots.jpg
Gentlemen... we have a winner! Is the zipper waterproof though? That's important!

Archived