The Cold, Hard Facts

six acre lake

• Members

it is not a easy job and i am glad he is one who dont wankes blues lines up and down like many others in the demos. the string buzz etc. guys, it is a small production at home and shows simple what you get with just a guitar, the pedal and one amp... it is pretty good for that imo - how i said it shows how it sounds without some "studio-produciton" tricks etc. pp.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it is not a easy job and i am glad he is one who dont wankes blues lines up and down like many others in the demos. the string buzz etc. guys, it is a small production at home and shows simple what you get with just a guitar, the pedal and one amp... it is pretty good for that imo - how i said it shows how it sounds without some "studio-produciton" tricks etc. pp.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

icon_lol.gif

no worries, as a br00tz player and lover i'll try to fit in...

EDIT: i play 7 string guitars and sometimes in droped C with the lower B string tuned down to G...

I play a baritone 27" scale in drop G (GDGCFA) for at home Doom Jamz but in the band I play in E.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofglass21

View Post

There's nothing wrong with tuning that low. It's just that his style doesn't apply to the way most people play so it's not the best reference point for demos. Most of the distortion pedals he demos end up sounding like the same fuzz pedal because of the low tunings anyways.

I can definitely see that, it would be better to choose a guitar and tuning based on the pedal. I'm not gonna bust out my afore mentioned baritone to demo an OD or Tubescreamer type pedal, but I would for a high gain distortion or Fuzz. At the same time I'd probably demo it on both a down tuned and a standard tuned guitar. It works both ways in that its hard for us to find demo's of pedals with a down tuned guitar, so we appreciate his demo's.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

icon_lol.gif

no worries, as a br00tz player and lover i'll try to fit in...

EDIT: i play 7 string guitars and sometimes in droped C with the lower B string tuned down to G...

I play a baritone 27" scale in drop G (GDGCFA) for at home Doom Jamz but in the band I play in E.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofglass21

View Post

There's nothing wrong with tuning that low. It's just that his style doesn't apply to the way most people play so it's not the best reference point for demos. Most of the distortion pedals he demos end up sounding like the same fuzz pedal because of the low tunings anyways.

I can definitely see that, it would be better to choose a guitar and tuning based on the pedal. I'm not gonna bust out my afore mentioned baritone to demo an OD or Tubescreamer type pedal, but I would for a high gain distortion or Fuzz. At the same time I'd probably demo it on both a down tuned and a standard tuned guitar. It works both ways in that its hard for us to find demo's of pedals with a down tuned guitar, so we appreciate his demo's.

Archived