New Guitar Day (Jazzmaster)

TravvyBear

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by mdrake34

View Post

Congrats Travvy! Glad you finally scored an amp and guitar. The sonic blue is my least favorite of the 4 colors they come in, but whatever floats your boat, mayne.

Those tones, especially the clean, sound killer. Which amp models in garageband?

It's honestly my least favorite too, but I still dig it. It'll look better when I change the guard out eventually.

Models were a small blackface fender, vox ac15 and I think I used some blackface 4x10 too.

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Sounds great thumb.gif

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Chow

View Post

Uhhhh. yuck!

• Members

you should definitely look into a mustang bridge.. no rattle, more sustain.. before i got it i was having second thoughts about keeping mine.

a dark/tort guard should make it look less pale/aneamic; my only issue with that finish.

hope you enjoy it!

• Members

Actually I think the pickups are to proper Jazzmaster specs (at least to my ears). I have the same Jazzmaster as the OP, and a CP Jazz w/ AVRI pickups. Some days they're hard to tell apart but the Squier has more "sparkle" and twang, I'm guessing due to the traditional bridge placement.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Fiscal

View Post

edit: it's a squier. thumb.gif

Those pickups are similar to the CIJ JMs. basically single coils.

If they're anything like the CIJ I have, the neck and middle sound okay, but the bridge is pretty bright and thin?

Never played the CIJ JM, but to me:

Neck - Sounds great, I need to lower the treble end a bit because it's gets really 'bitey' on the g, b and e strings.

Middle - Great! Very quacky, love it for plucking chords!

Bridge - throaty, very aggresive, sounds awesome.

Rhythm mode - my favorite, just sounds so balanced with a hint of twang.

Quote Originally Posted by grungehack

View Post

Actually I think the pickups are to proper Jazzmaster specs (at least to my ears). I have the same Jazzmaster as the OP, and a CP Jazz w/ AVRI pickups. Some days they're hard to tell apart but the Squier has more "sparkle" and twang, I'm guessing due to the traditional bridge placement.

Good to hear!

Archived