• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by TravvyBear

View Post

clips! just straight into garageband

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/988...masterTest.mp3

Glorious sound isn't it? If you're not too into bends, or have strong enough fingers, I'd say try 12s just to see the difference. They made my CIJ come to life. Body just began resonating in ways it hadn't with lighter strings. Was a tremendously awesome rhythm sound. I've since switched back to 11s just so I can be a little more noodly, but I do miss the way you could feel the guitar vibrate against your gut when hitting certain certain chords. Also... worth trying flatwounds as well. I haven't tried one of the Squiers and actually am running Novaks (JM90 and JMV) in mine, but the flatwounds definitely helped tamed things - just depends on the sound you want.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TravvyBear

View Post

clips! just straight into garageband

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/988...masterTest.mp3

Glorious sound isn't it? If you're not too into bends, or have strong enough fingers, I'd say try 12s just to see the difference. They made my CIJ come to life. Body just began resonating in ways it hadn't with lighter strings. Was a tremendously awesome rhythm sound. I've since switched back to 11s just so I can be a little more noodly, but I do miss the way you could feel the guitar vibrate against your gut when hitting certain certain chords. Also... worth trying flatwounds as well. I haven't tried one of the Squiers and actually am running Novaks (JM90 and JMV) in mine, but the flatwounds definitely helped tamed things - just depends on the sound you want.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iodine74

View Post

Hmm, I could give 12s a try, I love big strings. 11s are sounding nice on it, and now that I've lowered the pups is sounding great!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iodine74

View Post

Hmm, I could give 12s a try, I love big strings. 11s are sounding nice on it, and now that I've lowered the pups is sounding great!

Archived