New Guitar Day (Jazzmaster)

TravvyBear

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by TravvyBear View Post
Bigger strings and lowering the pups helped the brightness a lot.

I need to file the low e slot on the nut a bit.

Im very happy.
or just use a snipped length of the low e string you just clipped off and use that as the "file"

• Members
Bigger strings and lowering the pups helped the brightness a lot.

I need to file the low e slot on the nut a bit.

Im very happy.
or just use a snipped length of the low e string you just clipped off and use that as the "file"

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by hangwire View Post
did you get a 2 button footswitch yet to test the effects in the amp as working or not?
not yet frown.gif

good idea!

• Members
did you get a 2 button footswitch yet to test the effects in the amp as working or not?
not yet frown.gif

good idea!

• Members
not yet frown.gif

good idea!
that way you dont go too deep or wide with a file... it only cuts/rubs away the exact space needed for the string. I have a set of .14s and .12s on my 2 squiers and that method takes just a minute or 2

• Members
not yet frown.gif

good idea!
that way you dont go too deep or wide with a file... it only cuts/rubs away the exact space needed for the string. I have a set of .14s and .12s on my 2 squiers and that method takes just a minute or 2

• Members

Sweet, love the color. I changed the pots on mine to CTS 250k (supposed to be 500k, but my tech put the lower value ones - less bright now for sure, I think ideal would be 500k). Also, I had a lot of string buzz, and hard to keep in tune when I switched to '11s. Switched back to .10s, add a little nut sauce, and all is well again.

• Members

Sweet, love the color. I changed the pots on mine to CTS 250k (supposed to be 500k, but my tech put the lower value ones - less bright now for sure, I think ideal would be 500k). Also, I had a lot of string buzz, and hard to keep in tune when I switched to '11s. Switched back to .10s, add a little nut sauce, and all is well again.

Archived