Beach Boys > Beatles

Aristotle

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kinks are a weird case. They have the name recognition because they were up there with the Beatles and Stones during the first British Invasion, but seemingly dropped out of the American consciousness during the late-middle 60s when the other bands became legendary. Then they only really stuck in people's minds because they cam back with "Lola" in the early 70s.

I think it was the combination of a weird international dispute that stopped them from touring the US, and also they kind of 'zigged' when everyone else 'zagged' and instead of going for psychedelic music or taking an edger 'darker' hard rock sound the Kinks started going for very english folk and country concerns.

Village Green Preservation Society is an all time great album, but its an album about rural british nostalgia that was competing with the likes of the White Album and Beggars Banquet. Totally out of step with the times haha.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent'd

View Post

So, yeah.

I've experienced a few dayz at the Jardin's " via Big Sur " , and what you must know more than any tid bit of BS, is that the private beach alone is enough to make "normal folk", less "normal" yeah what ever that means'...

I remember endulgin' two smothies' one tastin' like french vanillia, the other sobet, """...

And the barn, {censored} ourselves' runnin' platnum / gold / Beatles ralations / you aint, royalty, this of i speak of is tho...

• Members

I don't even really think they made the same type of music so this comparison isn't even really worth the time. Just because they're both pop music doesn't mean they did the exact same thing

Right now on the "Pop charts" Rihanna and Maroon 5 are in the top 3. They're both Pop but sounds pretty different to me idn_smilie.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived