Need a new Reverb (long decay, spacey, ambient stuff, shoegaze etc)

gae86

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by gae86

View Post

I was talking about the holiest, but seems super-rare. Can't find anyone for sale anywhere!

The holiest grail is the one I had after the holy grail. I think there's a reason it's rare. It sounds really digital. YMMV, but that's my experience.

• Members

Just Got the Context. Initial Report:

Daaaammmmnnnn..................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

(Thst's the trail on the cathedral setting^)

• Members

my favourite reverb pedal that i have ever played regularly with- isn't really a pedal but a rack unit, and that's my lexicon mx200. but it sounded great going through the fx loop on my crate 50w head. having two seperate channels of reverb was way cool, running the reverse reverb thru a large arena resulted in some crazy long and shimmery verbs. perfect post rock style reverbs from clean sigur ros type sounds to heavy mogwai brute. the other fx on it were pretty cool as well, the tape delay sounded suprisingly authentic, the pitch shifter was crazy. i've played around with the later models and they were even better.

but alas the lexicon doesn't work with my new jet city 50w combo, so i'm looking to get - probably the Hall of Fame. but what extra goodies does the Trinity have? i might get that instead and pair it with the Flashback delay. anyone ever use these two together?

of course gotta say best reverb pedal i have ever played is eventide's space. jammed with one at a party. could not get me off it, that thing was like heroin. if i ever get one i think i will need to lock myself in a room for a month just to be able to explore everything it can do!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by spoonie g

View Post

Just Got the Context. Initial Report:

Daaaammmmnnnn..................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

(Thst's the trail on the cathedral setting^)

So jealous of your context!! I'd really like to try it. In the end I went for the supernatural, hope to like it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gae86

View Post

So jealous of your context!! I'd really like to try it. In the end I went for the supernatural, hope to like it.

The thing about reverb (as justnick kind of pointed out and relates to the name of the pedal) is that it conjures of a sense of space and memory (i.e., context). So, that being said, I think the "context" that a particular reverb has will appeal to different people and different people will be attracted to different contexts. And that being said, I think the Red Panda Context might be the highest quality sounding reverb I believe I've yet to play aside from those "in the box" (from a computer). It sounds great, "feels" right, and is made like a brick sh*thouse. However, it's "signature" might not be for everyone, though I would say it is extremely neutral.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

what was it?

i had a few hours in which to raise 200 so i could afford both a new guitar and the camera i was due to get from a friend... offered up my Flint, but turned out i had to get the deposit back from the guitar anyway to afford the camera.

Epi dot will have to wait. Gae was very cool about it.. it was a complete panic-sale-offer smile.gif (the flint isn't up for sale now)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Reauchambeau wrote:

I'm also looking for a reverb, I traded my Cathedral last night.

I was never thrilled with it, the hold or freeze function didn't work very well, you have to wait a second for the sound to process before it will freeze the sound. if you're used to using the actual Freeze pedal, this will drive you nuts.

the tone in general is kinda meh as well, when I hear my bandmates Eventide Space, there's no comparison, it blows it away.

I'm also after a deep lush verb for ambient type stuff, rather than amplike reverb emulation.

I was thinking about grabbing a Line 6 M5 today becasue they're on sale cheap.

anyone familiar with the verbs on the M5?

I don't know if anyone's replied to this yet, but, I reeeally didn't like any of the reverbs on the M5. But then again, I may just be picky because, well, I'm starting to get a little worn out with my BSR too, and find myself lusting for a Space.

Just try it out though! :) That's the best advice I or anyone else here can give you. You can always just flip it if you don't like it, too. :)

Archived