duncan

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
I did lol.

With nothing more than a jigsaw, nails, and some industrial adhesive

It's haggard as {censored}, but it sounds good.
dont take this the wrong way but I wouldve front mounted the speakers to cover the jigsaw circles icon_lol.gif DIY cabs are ftw thou love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
I want your Tele.
It's just an old MIM that my pops got for me when I was super into the Clash. Plays great, not a huge fan of the Wilde Pickups in there now for heavier stuff, I'll probably get the Texas Specials at some point. This was the inspiration for the guitar

joe-strummer-tele.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly View Post
It's just an old MIM that my pops got for me when I was super into the Clash. Plays great, not a huge fan of the Wilde Pickups in there now for heavier stuff, I'll probably get the Texas Specials at some point. This was the inspiration for the guitar

joe-strummer-tele.jpg
I got a used set if your interested..

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC View Post
dont take this the wrong way but I wouldve front mounted the speakers to cover the jigsaw circles icon_lol.gif DIY cabs are ftw thou love.gif
I don't like front mounted cabs though lol.

Besides, in a couple weeks, it'll have some grill cloth over it, so whatever. :p

icon_lol.gif

I'm still surprised at how good it sounds.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner

View Post

Dude, your like the only other person I've ever seen have a Orgaphon. They are screaming banshees from the depths of a deep dark hole, able to shred phonebooks at 100 feet. Hard to tame and oh so brutal.

Orgaphons are great! Mine needs a tube change though. But I love the reverb and the little tricks you can do with it, like 100% wet and trem on just the reverb.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake View Post
I've had many SGs in my time and I gotta say I have incredible memories of my P90 loaded classic...

How is the OR50? Is it Orange through and through or are you able to coax some clean / robust *pedal platform* tones? Basically I'm asking if the EQ is flexible? I've been curious about the OR50... I would / could run it in a stereo rig with a pushed to the limits Hiwatt Custom 50.
The OR50 is awesome, but "pedal platform" is the exact opposite of how I use it. The only thing I have on the floor is a tuner. In the default MV mode it gets crunchy in a hurry, which is how I run it. With gain, master, and the HF drive all at 1:00 it'll handle The Sword no problem.

I've never played a Hiwatt, but aren't those supposed to be clean machines? To me it makes more sense to use that as your "wet" half and run the OR50 balls out for dirt.

Archived