NGD: '79 Ibanez Artist 2622

• Members

new vintage guitar day, and my hunt for an old Ibanez Artist is finally over!

pictures!

IMAG0023\_BURST006.jpg

IMAG0024\_BURST002.jpg

She sounds awesome, with those ceramic Super 80 pickups. A rather agressive sound, but very nicely balanced and defined.

The only thing I don't really like is that she's neck-heavy, so I'll have to get used to that. And the pickups could use wax potting.

But what a guitar! Sustain!

iamthearm wrote:

Awesome guitars. I used to have a lower end artist and it was extremely neck heavy. There's definitely a learning curve to playing with a neck diver.

Using a suede backed strap instead of a nylon one really helps. It tends to keep the strap in place a lot better, increases the friction between the strap and your shirt, and reduces the amount of neck dive.

Still, those guitars, as cool as they are, do have a tendency to neck-dive. Most of them are pretty darned heavy too...

That one in the OP looks really nice - HNVGD!

• Members

El Gallo Negro wrote:

Hot {censored}, man.  I prefer the Ibanez Musicians from that era, but that is really sweet.  Congrats!

Thanks.

I have one of those as well, a '79 MC-400.

fd

I was planning on selling it after I found an Artist, but I'm really not sure if I should :p I'm gonna think about this a bit longer so I don't regret it