Paul McCartney in Miami Tonight...

• Members

... officially performed the single greatest concert or show I have ever had the privilege to attend. If you are in any way a fan, then you must attend this tour. He is IMO at the peak of his career. He performed those masterpieces with more soul, guts, heart, and emotion than I've ever seen from any artist in my lifetime. My wife and I spent half of the concert crying, and the other half rocking in pure joy. It was a legendary night.

• Members

When he did Hey Jude in '89, I looked around during the sing-along, and I couldn't see a dry eye in the house...

Totally, and I would anticipate that with Hey Jude. But it was crazy Phil, even Get Back had me teary-eyed. During the last chorus he asked, "do you want to get back? Don't you want to get back ? Yeah, well me too." It was the sound of a man who has lost a lot, and misses them with a vengeace.

It just all felt so real and relevant.

The 11/23/89 show (Thanksgiving Day, and the opening day of the US leg of the tour) was so memorable for me that, a year later, when I got Tripping The Live Fantastic CD for Christmas (12/25/90), and I was listening to it for the first time, I was able to identify the recording of Sgt Pepper as being from the night I was there on the first listen. My cousin, who was reading the CD booklet (which I hadn't read yet) checked and confirmed it. One listen, and a year later, I could remember and identify it. :o:)

BTW, that was the very first time Sgt Pepper had ever been played "live" by any of the former Beatles in the USA. :) Ditto that for several other songs he played that night.

You can get a pretty good idea of the set list by clicking here. The Abbey Road Side 2 Mini Suite was one of the most incredible things I've ever heard live in my life... :love: :phil:

Oh, and Live And Let Die's had an incredible light show since the mid-70s. Flashpots and lasers FTW. I had already seen it prior to '89, so I had a pretty good idea what to expect, but when those first flashpots went off, half the people around me practically jumped out of their skins. :lol:

• Members
pet sounds would be awesome to see live.

I regret having missed the Smile performances :cry: I wanted to see those even more than the Pet Sounds shows.

But I was lucky enough to see both the New Smyrna Beach performance and the Clearwater Beach performance in 2000 for the Pet Sounds tour, and got to meet Brian Wilson briefly and shake his hand. :D

• Members
I was there
:thu:

Hey Jude was amazing. Live and Let Die was epic. Let It Be was beautiful. Yesterday was even moreso beautiful. His John story was really sad and made me almost cry. GODDAMN what a show
:love:

I know I've said this already, but I need a witness here.

Was that not one of the most emotionally charged concerts ever?

I mean, even "Ob La Di Ob La Da" took on a whole new realm of meaning and feeling. I'm still choked up over that show.

• Members

I know I've said this already, but I need a witness here.

Was that not one of the most emotionally charged concerts ever?

I mean, even "Ob La Di Ob La Da" took on a whole new realm of meaning and feeling. I'm still choked up over that show.

It was really charged. Ob La Di Ob La Da is one of my least favorite Beatles songs, but even I was singing along to it and really happy they played it. The "na na na naaa" of Hey Jude was just very powerful. Everyone was singing it. I love how he said "Now just the men......now just the girls....now everybody together!".

I've know Paul is an extraordinary musician, but the dude played FIVE different instruments proficiently last night.

• Members

It was really charged. Ob La Di Ob La Da is one of my least favorite Beatles songs, but even I was singing along to it and really happy they played it. The "na na na naaa" of Hey Jude was just very powerful. Everyone was singing it. I love how he said "Now just the men......now just the girls....now everybody together!".

I've know Paul is an extraordinary musician, but the dude played FIVE different instruments proficiently last night.

Yes, and I was so grateful for the awesome camera work of the video crew. They did an amazing job of zoning in on his hands during key moments, and really highlighting the whole band. It was obvious that the camera crew knew every nuance of every song almost as well as the musicians.

• Members
... officially performed the single greatest concert or show I have ever had the privilege to attend. If you are in any way a fan, then you must attend this tour. He is IMO at the peak of his career. He performed those masterpieces with more soul, guts, heart, and emotion than I've ever seen from any artist in my lifetime. My wife and I spent half of the concert crying, and the other half rocking in pure joy. It was a legendary night.

He defines living legend. I think he is like Bruce Springsteen(whether you like him or not), they have tremendous talent and go out there and give it their all every night. They actually care and try and take nothing for granted. I think it has to do with their working class backgrounds.

• Members

And say what one will about Brian Ray, but he added an element of grace and elegance to the show like few session guitarists I've ever seen. His vocal harmonies were impeccable and true to the originals, his ability to mimic McCartney's bass playing was stunning, and he carried his role with great dignity that fit exceptionally well with McCartney. I thought the band had amazing chemistry.

http://www.brianray.com/

BrianRayM85.jpg

• Members

He defines living legend. I think he is like Bruce Springsteen(whether you like him or not), they have tremendous talent and go out there and give it their all every night. They actually care and try and take nothing for granted. I think it has to do with their working class backgrounds.

I've seen Bruce Springsteen three times. He's the only act whose ever made me tear up at a show (The sax solo in Jungleland). I'd say Springsteen and Paul are equal in terms of giving it all they got. I was amazed how McCartney was doing 38ish songs like that at his age

Yeah, he had this angry Samoan thing going on. But he was a drummer/singer to die for. Amazing how he knew every little nuance of every song to the "T"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Laboriel,_Jr

abe-Laboriel1.jpg

Considering who his dad is, the guy had to have grown up around music and great musicians... including a world class bass player.

Abe Jr is indeed a gifted and very musical drummer. :cool:

Archived