So I guess the new Walrus Audio pedal is a Timmy clone?

• Members

Wow, awful demo.

Also WTF is up with that DC input?

51wal051.JPG

PC mount jack with a grommet around the drilled hole. Not a bad idea but really unnecessary. Grommets are for when there are sharp edges and wires running near said sharp edges.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PC mount jack with a grommet around the drilled hole. Not a bad idea but really unnecessary. Grommets are for when there are sharp edges and wires running near said sharp edges.

Really good idea actually. The grommet acts as insulation in case the positive sleeve of the DC plug shorts against the grounded chassis.

Really good idea actually. The grommet acts as insulation in case the positive sleeve of the DC jack shorts against the grounded chassis.

That makes sense... still, it's a PCB mounted power jack, and if given a choice, I'd rather have case mounted jacks rather than PCB mounted ones. Not that PCB mounted jacks are all that unusual... :idk:

• Members

This forum is chock full of retarded.

I have half a mind to join the ranks of the unfunny parody crew and start the "So the Timmy is just a Tubescreamer clone" thread.

Just be prepared for the "So the TS-9 RI is based on the TS-9, right?" thread.

• Members

That makes sense... still, it's a PCB mounted power jack, and if given a choice, I'd rather have case mounted jacks rather than PCB mounted ones. Not that PCB mounted jacks are all that unusual...
:idk:

Why is that Phil?

• Members

That jack mount is a definite error. There ie no need for the double insulation. I have never had any problems. I do have right angled 9v jacks that don't look like they will fit in that recess though...

I think they miscaluclated the board length or something and that is the patch up job.

• Members

I'll take a Walrus Audio demo over any GMD blues dudery any day. Walrus Audio tends to do two demos for every pedal... One Artist Demo and another Technical demo. I like this approach. The Artist demos have a more practical application / situational feel which is nice. The Technical demo is just that... Scales, settings and general overview, which is more akin tithe traditional watch me solo with this thing demo, which I personally find useless.

You clowns are never happy. The audio and overall demo quality is stellar. Would you prefer a blown out compressed to death bedroom YouTube demo?

• Members

This forum is chock full of retarded.

I have half a mind to join the ranks of the unfunny parody crew and start the "So the Timmy is just a Tubescreamer clone" thread.

Lemme guess, they asked you to demo a pedlul? Or you want to?

Archived