Official IKEA/GORM Pedalboard Appreciation Thread

punkicidal

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will be joining the GORM ranks soon. I ordered the 30 3/8x20 1/8" shelf over the weekend, and it should be arriving any day now. However, for some reason the site would not allow me to purchase the posts online. The nearest IKEA is more than ten hours away in any direction, and I really wanted to use the posts to angle my board and allow for the storage of a power supply under the board.

If any of you guys/gals that are close to an IKEA would be kind enough to pick a pack of these up and ship them to me, I'm more than willing to pay you for your trouble. I'm a verified Paypal user, and though I don't have an established reputation on this site, I do have 100% feedback on eBay. So if you're willing to lend me a hand, just send me a PM or email me at directionsincluded[at]gmail[dot]com.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by redpoint View Post
Does anyone have a good solution for carrying their Gorm Pedalboard around? I'm kind of interested in doing this just for fun, but I do need to transport it every once in a while.
Find a keyboard case that fits it.

Also, mine's holding up quite well and my pedals occupy the space perfectly
Updated 2-27

226h.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by redpoint

View Post

Does anyone have a good solution for carrying their Gorm Pedalboard around? I'm kind of interested in doing this just for fun, but I do need to transport it every once in a while.

I use a large waterproof Messenger bag for mine.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by L_Z_nut View Post
Took mine apart, did some cutting, SCREWED it back together, made the channels bigger to allow the jacks to pass through, and raised it off the ground, stained it, velcro'd.

PB1-2.jpg
That strat looks so damn beautiful right there. love.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In (progress)

gorm4web.jpg

Also moved the outer panels out and screwed them down, put a wooden strip in the middle for stability, and used the shelf brackets as seen elsewhere in this thread. I need more velcro. smile.gif

Care to guess what color I'm going to paint it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I put one together today for my looper and sampler -- pretty much only footswitches for triggering samples and so forth. I need to pick up an expression pedal, and there's another FS-5U not in the photo.

Photoon2010-02-27at2007.jpg

Unfortunately I picked way too big of a board! I need something smaller. Back to the drawing board frown.gif

• 2 months later...

Archived