Seven Sisters VS Devi Ever

Ryan.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

even though both fuzzes are named Ruby, I don't think there is a likelihood of confusion between both, only a small chance that if you go to a shop to purchase a Devi Ever Ruby, you open the box at home to discover you actually bought a RedWitch fuzz ...

• Members
i always tought OT means offical topic :- - now my world complete turnes into darkness...

anyway - i know nuttin about "brand-names" and copyright - but is it possible to save a word for your own product thats not combined with other words and with a clear hint to the brand or unit? ok Ruby Fuzz is clear - but Ruby alone
:idk:

i heard Natty got a new iFuzz from Apple - or was it a Aplle Fuzz?

Burgerking and MC Donalds - both deals with burgers.

:lol:

when i am read my own post, then i think of myself as totally confused idiot. it feels good without a shirt...

Post of the year.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hello All,

I love this place :).

Just to set the record straight. All of the Sisters were named after family members and with no knowledge of anyone else's products sharing the same name. Ruby is named after my children's Grandmother and Great Grandmother. Someone let me know after NAMM about the double up. Devi is a friend and so we chatted and she had no issue - and I have none either. So peace and harmony rule the range :)

B

• Members

i always tought OT means offical topic :- - now my world complete turnes into darkness...

anyway - i know nuttin about "brand-names" and copyright - but is it possible to save a word for your own product thats not combined with other words and with a clear hint to the brand or unit? ok Ruby Fuzz is clear - but Ruby alone
:idk:

i heard Natty got a new iFuzz from Apple - or was it a Aplle Fuzz?

Burgerking and MC Donalds - both deals with burgers.

:lol:

when i am read my own post, then i think of myself as totally confused idiot. it feels good without a shirt...

lol, that would be the Silver Apple Fuzz by Shoe

to make things even more confusing the Silver Apples have a song named Ruby

z38hk2k8idQ

So when I was at a local music shop this weekend buying tubes I noticed the Seven Sisters pedals in a display case.

One of the sisters is Ruby Fuzz.

Do you think Devi can send a cease and desist? Does it matter? Are there other pedals out there with the same name?

As someone already pointed out, there are at least three "Timeline" delays. PAIA and E-Mu both had synths called the Proteus (and there's a pedal called the Proteus too), etc.

Plus, Red Witch is a Kiwi company - they're based in New Zealand. I doubt there's any law that prevents two different companies in two different countries using similar product names. It might be an issue if both attempt to sell in the same country (as is the3 case here), but seriously, I don't think anyone is likely to confuse one with the other.

• 1 year later...

Archived