I did a bad thing.

Ryan.

• Members

In a social experiment I posted this to San Francisco's CL:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/2981269251.html

x-boyfriends music thing (gold box with knobs?) - $100 (SF)

boyferind and i broke up and he hasn't been back to take his {censored} in like 3 months so i'm donating/selling it.

i think this was with his msuic stuff so i'm posting it here

here is a picture of it from my phone (sorry couldn't figure out how to flip it so it was right way)

email me if you want it or i guess i'll donate it in a few days if noone reponsds

thanks,

tiffany

5Id5Ld5G83Ie3J93H2c4q81c51a62262a1e27.jp

Here are the e-mails I got:

I'll give you $200 for your ex-boyfriend's gold box.

Hi,

I'd like to buy it. my number is *******. I can pick it up anytime.

thanks

Hello,

If you happen to drop the price at all/decide to donate it let me know - I'm a broke college student but I'm really interested in the pedal. Thanks!

Tyler

Looking for that. Please call me asap.

I'll get this from you today evening if it's still available.

Thanks

Hello. I would like to buy this from you. I'll pick up and pay cash. Please email contact info or feel free to call.

Thanks,

I would like to buy the music thing. It is a distortion pedal and I will gladly pay $100 for it.

I'll take it!! How much do you want???

Hey Tiffany,

Just saw your ad on craigslist. Do you still have that box for sale?

I'd be interested in buying it.

Thanks

I want it.... Give me a call.

Hi Tiffany, I emailed you earlier. I would really like to get this pedal!! I would counter any offers out there. PLEASE keep it for me....please please please :-) I'll pick it up ASAP.

Thanks!

Hi,

saw your add on CL. I am interested in buying the pedal if I can check it out.

when is a good time and where are you located?

When can I come pick it up from you? I can come by tonight. Give me a

call! Where in SF are you located?

i have no idea what it does but it has a horse man on it and that's awesome, so if it's not sold yet i'll take it.

best post in the SF craigslist music section in years btw - congrats!

cheers,

what does it say by button? and do u still have it?

thanks!

I'm also available tomorrow morning/ afternoon.

I'll take it

is there a serial number on it? what is it?

ill take it

where are you located?

when can I come pick this up?

Curious if this is still available. If so, could you send a few pictures of it?

Hi I am interested in buying that box give me a call if you still have it

AND

One nice dude, that is the savior of humanity:

Hi Tiffany,

Just wanted to let you know that the pedal you are selling is a Klon Centaur, and it is worth a lot, probably around 1,000 to 1,500. I would love to own one but I can't afford it. Just thought you should know.

I apologize if any of you are one of the emailers.

C'est la vie.

Oh, and someone posted a RE: ad on CL

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/2981652473.html

hey Tiffany? I think I know your ex-boyfriend. in fact, I let him borrow my amp and he hasn't given it back. call me if you find it. I've included a picture of what it looks like.

5K45Ha5M83Kd3M13Jfc4qf0bb7d4fb5011df9.jp

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Once two of my friends and I got really bored so we had this bright idea to laugh at missed connections and casual encounter craigslist ads. After a bunch of chocolate starfishes had been seen, we randomly started talking about this girl we knew that we hated, so for lulz we took her facebook picture and set up a craigslist ad for her under casual encounters. 10 emails within 30 minutes later, we decide to tell them all to meet us at the same cafe around the same time. We get there, it's {censored}ing pedo-city. The cafe looked like a homeless shelter. All of them too nervous to ask the others why they're there, but all of them looking frantically at the door each time it flung open so it was obvious they were waiting for someone. We just sat on the patio and laughed. Then, we see the same car that girl drives pull up on the other side of the building. We're so stoked.

But alas, it wasn't her, and all the creeps left unhappily and returned to their respective sex dungeons.

• Members

Too much time on your hands... but I still chuckled.

Are you supposed to tell everyone whos selling something cheaper than it normally goes for, that they are losing money and should sell it on ebay for more? Isn' that what finding a bargain is? I do understand that in this "experiment", the girl wasn't sure what she's selling, but whos fault is that? :idk:

Archived