What's in the mail??

Crxsh

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ispunk

View Post

For the price I just couldn't resist this nasty little rock'n'roll beast. Plus I believe the white ones come with an ebony board.

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_580091.632_satin_white_b

Didn't need to know that they have an ebony board...now I want one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Manback1

View Post

Couldn't wait for Santa. Pulled the trigger on this today...should be in my sweaty little hands in a week or so.

$T2eC16J,!)8E9s4l5-79BQ0Jq1tKBw~~60_3.JP

Yep...gotta comment on how snazzy that guitar is. Start a thread, or at least post a review in the Doom Room. I am really interested in these, but there isn't a dealer anywhere near me so I can't try them out.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Didn't need to know that they have an ebony board...now I want one too.

THey don't, they're rosewood. Still nice though. There is a higher end LP Special Jr. with 2 P-90s in white, that one comes with ebony and a HSC. Also about $1200.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

THey don't, they're rosewood. Still nice though. There is a higher end LP Special Jr. with 2 P-90s in white, that one comes with ebony and a HSC. Also about $1200.

Well, nevermind. At that price I'd much rather have an Edwards LP Custom.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Well, nevermind. At that price I'd much rather have an Edwards LP Custom.

But the LP Special (w/2 P-90s) and a maple board is only $499, pretty hard to beat. And the single Special Jr. in white that is featured here has the rosewood board, also $499, again a pretty killer deal. No Edwards in that price range, plus A$150 or so for shipping oftentimes.

Separate note, tell me how awesome the Blackout Effectors Seriously SPecial Twosome is. I think I might buy that new version that just came out. Love the color, and the tones from both fuzzes. Probably will keep my Pharoah too, which I see you have as well. Redundant, or just love of fuzz? Different enough from each other I would suppose too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Got my LPJr and I think the fretboard is baked maple. It looks like rosewood in color. For a $499 Gibson the maple doesn't bother me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ispunk

View Post

Got my LPJr and I think the fretboard is baked maple. It looks like rosewood in color. For a $499 Gibson the maple doesn't bother me.

According to this from MF, it's rosewood. The 2 p90 pickup model has the baked maple. Wouldn't bother me either. In fact with a mahogany body, maple fretboard probably makes more sense if you want a bit brighter guitar.

Archived