Top 50 Scariest Horror Films

• Members

Event Horizon had its sick moments,too.

Isnt there some lost "super uncut-all the short scenes from hell are longer and more bloody"-version?

Red about it a while ago.

What do you think about "Begotten".

Wasn't fun to watch...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I remember watching a particular movie as a kid quite frequently. I for the life of me can't remember the name.

It was a movie about people locked up in a church and there were tunnels underneath the church and demons were running around in them and would come up occasionally and kill people or something. And one of the demons punched a priest through the chest and ripped his heart out..

Does anyone know what movie im talking about?!

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight ?
[YOUTUBE]6OssUeer57A[/YOUTUBE]

:lol:

• Members

Isnt there some lost "super uncut-all the short scenes from hell are longer and more bloody"-version?

Wasn't fun to watch...

EH is good film. Creepy, maybe not scary. A must see if you're a Zao fan too!

• Members

Wasn't fun to watch...

I enjoyed Event Horizon, Begotten was pretty good as well, not worth the trouble to get your hands on it though.

• Members

Directed by Bill Paxton!

Starring: Bill Paxton.

Enjoyed this one very much.

Ending was kinda cool!

Watched Eraserhead again this evening.

The use of light and camera is brilliant.

Reminds me of "Night of the hunter".

Brilliant,creepy movie as well.

• Members

"Frailty" was a disturbing movie. It involves a single father religious fanatic who claims to see demons disguised as humans. He goes about murdering them with the help of his two young sons. Great plot with a lot of twists.

I remember this movie. It was pretty odd. But good.

Like plot twists... check out Oldboy.

• Members

Or Lady Vangeance.

Better than Oldboy imo.

Creepy movie like Deadgirl-->Aftermath.

Sick piece of film.

Sick...mhh...did anyone watch "The Human Centipide"?

Best trash movie i've ever watched:D

Starring some crazy german Mengele-like nazidoc.

• Members

Dudes, I grew up on horror flicks; I could watch Freddie Kruger cut people up all day long w/ no problem. You know what movies bothered me? Jacob's Ladder: those twitcher guys just {censored}ed me up for some reason. Also, 'Communion' kinda bugged me, those f'n aliens were just spooky... truth

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I watched this a couple of weeks ago too. I was hoping to like this one, but was disappointed. It was like a ripoff hybrid of Alien, Hellraiser, and some cannibal flick. I paused through some of the gore flash frames, and there was some pretty nasty stuff in there, but it just didnt spook me like i wanted it to.

• Members

Robocop

Show any 8 year old Alex Murphy being blown to bits, Im 100% sure you will scar him for life

I saw Robocop at around that age. I don't remember being scared, but I remember being morbidly curious at all the gore scenes, especially that guy getting liquified by the car after having acid splashed on him.

"ewwww... whoa haha, ugh. ewwww"

• Members

love horror movies, though I'm more into bad 80s horror than the recent wave or gore exploitation. i want my horror to either have a plot or be so over the top/bad that it's funny, not just pointless torture for shock value. my goal for the month is to watch 31 horror movies, I've seen 23 so far, some good (Hatchet is the best new horror movie I've seen in a long time, very old school, really fun), some really bad, some with horror elements but debatable if you'd really call it horror.

so far I've watched:

01. dead girl

02. martyrs

03. they live

04. the thing

05. it's alive (2008)

06. splice

07. daybreakers

08. let the right one in

09. fright night

10. the lost boys

11. thankskilling

12. basket case

13. ravenous

14. hatchet

15. c.h.u.d.

16. blood car

17. scanners

18. severance

19. the collector

20. funny games

21. isolation

22. hellraiser

23. hellbound: hellraiser 2

not sure what I'm in the mood for next. I think #29-31 will be the evil dead trilogy for sure, but at this rate I may end up watching more than 31, not sure if I feel like going out this weekend.

• Members

It was great seeing The Changeling on there as it's been one of my favorite movies of all time. I remember first seeing it as a kid and loved it. One moviwe I've been trying to remember but can't remember the name. All I remember about it was there was a car that got stuck in a intersection and gets hit by a semi and then the guy wakes up in hospital. I last saw this movie about 20-25 years ago.

I have pretty much given up on American Horror (if that's what you want to call it) and started watching more foreign horror. Watched Maryters and thought that it was very well put together. A Serbian Film was {censored}ED. One of those films where after you see it once you never want to see it again.

Kinda looking foward to checking out some of these films theres bound to be some good ones in these.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Dark_Horrorfest#HorrorFest_III_DVD_releases

• Members

love horror movies, though I'm more into bad 80s horror than the recent wave or gore exploitation. i want my horror to either have a plot or be so over the top/bad that it's funny, not just pointless torture for shock value. my goal for the month is to watch 31 horror movies, I've seen 23 so far, some good (Hatchet is the best new horror movie I've seen in a long time, very old school, really fun), some really bad, some with horror elements but debatable if you'd really call it horror.

so far I've watched:

01. dead girl

02. martyrs

03. they live

04. the thing

05. it's alive (2008)

06. splice

07. daybreakers

08. let the right one in

09. fright night

10. the lost boys

11. thankskilling

12. basket case

13. ravenous

14. hatchet

15. c.h.u.d.

16. blood car

17. scanners

18. severance

19. the collector

20. funny games

21. isolation

22. hellraiser

23. hellbound: hellraiser 2

not sure what I'm in the mood for next. I think #29-31 will be the evil dead trilogy for sure, but at this rate I may end up watching more than 31, not sure if I feel like going out this weekend.

I find your lack of Romero... disturbing.

• Members

can't stand Romero. for zombies, I prefer the Return series over night/Dawn/day

Meh. Return movies are fun ("send more cops!"), But Night was extremely deep for a horror flick, and launched the genre. It will always be a classic, Return is popcorn fare for kids looking for red corn syrup and bewbiez.

• Members

I just read the synopsis for a serbian film, and im glad i read it before i bothered to watch it. I guess you have to be either masochistic, fascinated by extremely sick {censored}, or filled with rage to want to see that mess. Im none of those, so I'll pass. Ive had enough for this year with Cannibal Holocaust and Martyrs.

... The thing that is beginning to annoy me with the directors of these movies is how they all want to say that their films have some moral high ground that reflects the brutality of the world, or the ruling class, and that their true intentions are not to just seek attention by trying to film the most shocking and provocative thing ever produced. I call bull{censored} on that. These are just people who obsess over sick psychotic {censored}, and little more.

• Members

I'm not sure I've been scared by a film since I was a teenager to be honest...

Since then I usually either find them, boring, sickening, annoying or I just find myself hating it and wondering why I'm even wasting my time watching it.

Halloween III scared the {censored} out of me when I first saw it though, it's easily the worse in the series but that {censored}ing pumpkin flashing thing on the tele and that horrible tune really freaked me out... I still don't like it actually.

• Members

The TV version of Salems Lot is still the scariest film I've seen, but like melx I wouldn't say I've been really scared by any films since I was a lot younger and I first saw Salems Lot when I was about 9 or 10. By far the most disturbing film I've seen was A Serbian Film.

• Members
Wow, i dont know. Both Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway creeped me out in a big way. I know those arent horror films, but Lynch has a way of {censored}ing with my imagination.

yeah, they weirded me out, but I can't say I was scared... I like being weirded out, I don't find it scary. :) I was freaking out but with a big smile on my face if you know what I mean?

..... it's not like walking home on your own in the dark after watching Nightmare on Elm Street at a friends house when you were 13.. that's what I call scared!!

Archived