Catalinbread Echorec

OMTerria

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

Too late (see post #62). wink.gif Actually, I wouldn't complain if it had those features either, although they are not something you'd find on the original, so I can't really fault the Catalinbread folks for leaving them off. idn_smilie.gif

wave.gif

that said, Nic has been pretty adamant since that post this one won't have any of those features. you have to respect a man who sticks to his vision.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by OMTerria

View Post

12 way selector chooses the following playback head combinations:

-One

-1&2

-2&3

-3&4

-1&3

-2&4

-1&4

-1, 2, 3

-2, 3, 4

-1, 2, 4

-1, 3, 4

-1, 2, 3, 4

Seems like it would be more intuitive to have 4 toggle switches.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by notjonahbutnoah

View Post

Someone wanna describe this thing to a layman who knows nothing about vintage echo units other than the fact that Brian Setzer insists on them...

Also, I kinda dig Cbread's pedal look. They're colorful, and have their own thing goin on. All solid colors, nice round sharp looking lettering, easy to read and identify. They look like Cbread and not like anything else. idn_smilie.gif That's all subjective though so you know... YMMV.

The clinical explanation.

Play testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22WJTMoZNeU

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by befey

View Post

Seems like it would be more intuitive to have 4 toggle switches.

It is--Binson themselves modified their design from the Echorec 2 (which the Cbread is based on) with the 12-position dial to the PE series (like mine) that have push-button switches for head activation to their final versions, which replaced those with 3 position toggle switches for each head.

anyhow, it would make more sense--but if Cbread is trying to stay authentic to the Echorec 2--then the 12 pos dial is it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by udi9

View Post

Cool demo Bob, although i could never understand how a high roller like yourself doesn't have a decent recording setup to demo your crazy gear...

because hes a broke ass chump and just borrows all this gear from his brother's music store

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by trainbridge

View Post

So {censored}ing pumped for it after watching the vids of your legit one. The PGS discount code for last weekend worked for me tonight too so I got a deal as well.

thanks for the heads up about that. makes it way more worth it.

Archived