The Offical DIY Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron SS

View Post

I dig the graphics. Are they silk screened?

me?

they are done via industrial laser by a local(to me) bunch of pros...the ink is melted/infused into the powdercoat so it feels flush/smooth ...

and the powdercoat will chip before the ink comes off.

its hard to see in that matte black one, but all my other pedal graphics are done this way...in order to pass the "lick" test...

545969_410924338965097_93149082_n.jpg

539342_420603134663884_251877655_n.jpg

• Members

Anyone else feel like a total {censored}ty asshole when they botch a build? I built a Pharaoh clone and got it to work but it would start to get hiccups and then get squirrely. I'd think I fixed it and play it for a bit before it would do it again. I did some desoldering thinking maybe there was a cold spot or something and not its all {censored}ed up frown.gif

Sucks too cause it sounded great.

• Members

Like noise and crackles would start to occur - the guitar would still pass through though, and you wouldn't hear it unless I stopped playing.

Now its decayed into all out nothing - no signal passing through.

Its built on vero which I always tend to {censored} up some how. I made extra sure prior to soldering all the trace cuts were good and clean. And no bridged strips either.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mmolteratx

View Post

Think I'm finally happy with my Klon board. Trace routing isn't the prettiest, but it's not too bad and shouldn't cause any noise problems. Will make sure once I prototype it. Soft touch bypass FTW.

Kentavros-1_zps7d6057e0.png

Any chance you'll be selling PCB's? I built up a Klon using Aaron's, then gave it to my friend for his birthday. Now I'm missing the Klonaid.

• Members

2-in-1 box o' doom. Tight fit, but I was able to get it all in.

Left side (looking at it from the gutshot), EHX 66 Big Muff Pi (the so-called "Triangle" version), right side, EHX 77 Big Muff Pi (the so-called "IC" or "Op Amp" version).

The switch on the Triangle side is a scooped/flat/boosted mids switch.

IMG_5811_zpse0e359e8.jpg

IMG_5812_zps31affc75.jpg

IMG_5814_zpse98d3254.jpg

The enclosure is Mammoth's new Tiger Red Sparkle, although, while nice, is really more of an orange. Goes well with the Orangish-amp nature of the huge sound of the circuits. They even sound good stacked, which I didn't expect.

• Members

I finally got around to modding my Electric Mistress. Put a little baby board in underneath the main one so I can run it off of 9V without losing any headroom. Also rewired the bypass switch because I didn't like how the Dice Works guy did it, and swapped the LED for a brighter red one. Left both 9V snaps in, wired in parallel so you can use one or two, two lasting longer before a battery swap.

8288638645_ef02c5f657_b.jpg

• Members

It's probably been covered a ton before but does anyone have any specs for cool DS-1 mods? This will be my first time trying to mod anything and have no real electronics background but the pedal was given to me so I figured I'd try to maybe do something like the JHS "Lexi Drive" mod. Thanks.

Archived