• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HMv3.png

cop.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Pewtershmit

View Post

HEY GAYLORDS

I have a Fulltone 70 and the volume pot is {censored}ed. I don't have a 250k pot that'll work, what changes if I use a 500K. I think I also ahve a 100k

It'll be a bit brigher with a 500k. Try it and you might like it. 100k would make it darker, so you might want that too since it's already fairly bright.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mmolteratx

View Post

It'll be a bit brigher with a 500k. Try it and you might like it. 100k would make it darker, so you might want that too since it's already fairly bright.

Changing the volume pot would make it brighter? I thought that a higher value would sound the same, but just bunch up the original range in a smaller portion of the dial? I could be wrong, but this is one of the few things I thought I had wrapped my head around.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by soapbladder

View Post

Changing the volume pot would make it brighter? I thought that a higher value would sound the same, but just bunch up the original range in a smaller portion of the dial? I could be wrong, but this is one of the few things I thought I had wrapped my head around.

Depends entirely on how it's used. As a voltage divider, the range will be the same but the impedance will be higher. In something like a typical Tubescreamer-ish gain control, then yes, it would up the overall gain and the original gain range would be bunched up at the bottom half of the range.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pewtershmit

View Post

I have a Fulltone 70 and the volume pot is {censored}ed. I don't have a 250k pot that'll work, what changes if I use a 500K. I think I also ahve a 100k

Solder a 470K resistor between lugs 1 and 3 of the pot. That will make it something like a 242K pot

• Members

View Post

Depends entirely on how it's used. As a voltage divider, the range will be the same but the impedance will be higher. In something like a typical Tubescreamer-ish gain control, then yes, it would up the overall gain and the original gain range would be bunched up at the bottom half of the range.

Thanks for the explanation.

• Members

Not pedlulz, but I finally got around to building my new desktop today.

A1102A09-6C87-4DA8-B755-C32DF6D59B81-109

Liquid cooler wasn't working so for now, I'm using the stock heat sink/fan so no overclocking. Need to run by the store tomorrow and return it, just gonna stick with traditional air cooling. Get a couple more 120mm fans to mount at the top and I should be good to clock the 3770k up to 3.9-4GHz. Using an Asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Ram, Gigabyte NVIDIA 680GTX, a Samsung 840 Pro SSD and a Seagate 7200RPM HDD for now.

• Members

8258482612_5fd7e88e83_c.jpg

8257419977_a2a3caa43e_c.jpg

Fuzz factory clone from a Poodlepedalparts kit in an old soap tin. I dunno, it sounds milder and more prone to oscillation than the original one I owned years ago, but I spose I wasn't playing a Tele back then. Sorry about the absolute mess inside.

• Members

What manner of case is that? I am digging all of the cable routing options.

View Post

Not pedlulz, but I finally got around to building my new desktop today.

A1102A09-6C87-4DA8-B755-C32DF6D59B81-109

Liquid cooler wasn't working so for now, I'm using the stock heat sink/fan so no overclocking. Need to run by the store tomorrow and return it, just gonna stick with traditional air cooling. Get a couple more 120mm fans to mount at the top and I should be good to clock the 3770k up to 3.9-4GHz. Using an Asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Ram, Gigabyte NVIDIA 680GTX, a Samsung 840 Pro SSD and a Seagate 7200RPM HDD for now.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron SS

View Post

Any idea off the top of your head what spindle and bit you used? I've got a CNC machine but I've never used it for anything pedal related.

i ordered a predrilled hammond 1590B from one of the websites, either pedalpartsplus or the other one. it had a jack and switch hole. i ordered an LED hole drilled. i spec'd the LED hole too small, so first operation was circle milling the hole out a few mm, for which i used a 1/8" flat endmill

the pinstripe and the square wave were done with a 1/16 flat endmill (countour for stripe, pocket for wave).

design work done in mastercam x6. don't know what you mean by what spindle, our CNC has 6 i think, i used 1 and 2. but those are just tool selectors idn_smilie.gif im very new to it. fun though.

the dent was cause by the instructor during position indication. facepalm.gif i hit z axis went he meant x axis. i heard the aluminum crack. had to hammer it back flat from the inside.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cryptosonic

View Post

What manner of case is that? I am digging all of the cable routing options.

Corsair Obsidian 800D. And ya, the cable management was the whole reason I bought this case. So easy to get everything nice and neat, though I wish my power supply had longer leads so I could route the PCIe and SATA power cables behind. cry.gif PS was only $60 though and is 80+ Bronze. Whole build cost ~$1700 when buying through a local store. Would've been ~2200 from Newegg I think. IIRC, some of the Cooler Master cases have similar cable management systems as well if you want something a little less plain looking.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron SS

View Post

By "spindle" I basically meant router because I was assuming it was a smaller hobby type one like what I've got but it sounds like the one you were using is a much larger industrial one. Lucky love.gif

yeah, a HASS. up at the community college. they have a 3d printer too, which i am going to try to somehow use for devious pedal devices...

Archived