The Offical DIY Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron SS

View Post

IMGP9677.jpg

Building Gamuts all weekend in prep for my next release so I figured I'd post some eye candy

Man I love those enclosures. Should put bigger resistors on the next board revision though to match the big ass caps for mojeaux.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IvIark

View Post

Burn the witch! mobat9.gif

Does that mean we take down the broom salesman as well? wink.gif

Quote Originally Posted by mmolteratx

View Post

Man I love those enclosures. Should put bigger resistors on the next board revision though to match the big ass caps for mojeaux.

Ha...if you like those just WAIT for the next ones! eek.gif

I'm definitely going to change a few things on the next revision and will probably be going to a ribbon cable setup like I'm using on my next project as I mentioned before.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

Is it possible to build a 2 loop send/return box with a master bypass using only 2 switches?

Switch 1 selecting either loop A or loop B, and the other switch bypassing the loops.

Ya, no problem. Just wire the bypass switch like you would any and then wire the send from that to the middle lug of one pole with the inputs to either effect wire to the other lugs on the same pole. Then wire the return from the bypass switch to the middle lug of another pole and wire the outputs of each effect to the other lugs again. Use the third pole for LED switching.

• Members

had to redesign my pcb layout (originally was laid out for a horizontally oriented enclosure)

6 knob sili-bender

controls for volume,voltage sag, gain, input cap blend(aka fat) Q3 transistor bias and tone. Toggle changes between normall OD/Distortion to Ripping Gated Fuzz.

261416_449023758488488_495512906_n.jpg

35913_448975605159970_2002999681_n.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

you do awesome work man. got any plans to start a company? I know you use the "skunkworks" thing. got skillz

thanks! december 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by hotmess

View Post

!i!i!i!i!i!, is that toner transfer or a sticker or screenprint?

Quote Originally Posted by thefool

View Post

how do you do your graphics?

ink jet waterslide decal paper. the screen printers

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron SS

View Post

299925_10200146888619819_209107241_n.jpg

A little quality control wink.gif

those boxes and graphics array go together beautifully. will probably pick up a gamut once I go on my new year gear splurge.

• Members

1776 Effects Multiplex PCB. Emulates a Binson Echorec, RE-201 Space Echo and an Echoplex (EP-3). Second footswitch speeds up the delays. Release it and it they slow back down. Two delay controls, feedback and mix. I've been playing for an hour straight and have only scratched the surface of what this thing can do. I can attest to the EP accuracy -- yes, that's an EP1 it's sitting on.

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

Instead of trying to do half-assed, {censored}ty waterslide decals, I've started branding my pedals with rubber stamps and ink. Has a very Underwood typewriter thing going on.

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5752.jpg

• Members

This week's a bad week for tools around my bench. I had a lead break on my peak, the battery die on my peak, my wire strippers broke, and the tip I never thought would die (had it for well over a year with no degradation) is starting to go.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Axe_34

View Post

1776 Effects Multiplex PCB. Emulates a Binson Echorec, RE-201 Space Echo and an Echoplex (EP-3). Second footswitch speeds up the delays. Release it and it they slow back down. Two delay controls, feedback and mix. I've been playing for an hour straight and have only scratched the surface of what this thing can do. I can attest to the EP accuracy -- yes, that's an EP1 it's sitting on.

Haha! Looks fantastic!

Conincidentally I soldered up one of the two boards I ordered from Josh last night - great sounding thing. Fired up first time as soon as I realised one of my delay chips was in backwards, it's a really great pedal - totally unique.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ShortScaleMike

View Post

Haha! Looks fantastic!

Conincidentally I soldered up one of the two boards I ordered from Josh last night - great sounding thing. Fired up first time as soon as I realised one of my delay chips was in backwards, it's a really great pedal - totally unique.

Thanks Mike! Coming from you, that means a lot -- I'm a huge fan of your builds (not to mention I've built at least a dozen of your layouts.)

Josh really nailed it with the Multiplex. I'm going to build his Rub-a-dub reverb next.

Archived