The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

TheHarakiriEnd

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982

View Post

So the chap we built the full stack for is supporting The Sword tonight. This is his rig. Looking forward to seeing it in action!

307587_10152405862630080_326657144_n.jpg

Damn!! Is it loud enough for the gig? icon_lol.gif

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

So the chap we built the full stack for is supporting The Sword tonight. This is his rig. Looking forward to seeing it in action!

Damn!! Is it loud enough for the gig? icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

NGD!!!!!! Totally_jammin_out.gif

8355837366_93475fe753_c.jpg

Decided to take the Orange up to the local mega used gear shop and see what I could score for it. Found this bad boy on the shelf and picked it up with a hardcase as part of the deal. I know Dan (AGF) was working on a trade deal for one of these, DO IT!!!! This thing is freaking sweet; I absolutely love the neck, the WRHB is pretty sweet and the balance / fit n finish are wonderful. The only issue so far is the pickups are mismatched, the WRHB is way hotter then the bridge pickup, and it could use compensated saddles for intonation but so far its setup pretty good. I also got a modded out MIM p-bass as part of the deal (SD 1/4lb's, badass 2 bridge, hipshot d-tuner), all in all a damn good weekend. smile.gif

Other guitarist in my band just scored one of these for £400 mint. Picking it up on the weekend.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

NGD!!!!!! Totally_jammin_out.gif

8355837366_93475fe753_c.jpg

Decided to take the Orange up to the local mega used gear shop and see what I could score for it. Found this bad boy on the shelf and picked it up with a hardcase as part of the deal. I know Dan (AGF) was working on a trade deal for one of these, DO IT!!!! This thing is freaking sweet; I absolutely love the neck, the WRHB is pretty sweet and the balance / fit n finish are wonderful. The only issue so far is the pickups are mismatched, the WRHB is way hotter then the bridge pickup, and it could use compensated saddles for intonation but so far its setup pretty good. I also got a modded out MIM p-bass as part of the deal (SD 1/4lb's, badass 2 bridge, hipshot d-tuner), all in all a damn good weekend. smile.gif

Other guitarist in my band just scored one of these for £400 mint. Picking it up on the weekend.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Me too icon_lol.gif I'm one of those obnoxious people who say things like 'You play guitar? Then you can play bass too.'

In other news I got my Pulse Machine today. Very cool so far. The depth control actually goes from a triangle to almost square wave. The speed is a lot more restricted than the Tremolessence, but that's a good thing for me since I only use a small range of speed on trem anyhow. I'll try and do clips in a few days. Until then here's a new board pic.

4666271E-EBD1-46DF-8F5F-73244C9A0EA5-119

Guitar and bass are definitely similar, but only because they use steel strings, frets, magnetic pickups and thin necks. You can play bass like a guitar, and visa versa, but you'll never really understand the nuances of rhythm that way. My old bassist, for instance, knew things I did not understand. Well, I understood them once he played them, but his vision and knowledge far surpassed mine as a guitarist. But then again, he looked at me with the same awe and respect. He still asks me to send him riffs so he can jam over something testing and unique, simply because he can't come up with that type of stuff himself.

Your board is still frickin' awesome. Congrats on the new pedal. I've never heard of the Pulse Machine. It's discontinued, right?

Quote Originally Posted by samzadgan

View Post

I haven't tried a hagstrom...but i did hold one in my hand...the thing that made me put it back on the stand was the thin neck...they seem to have extremely thin necks. Apart from that...i love the look of the hagstroms and the quality to price ratio is extremely good!

I don't mind small necks, as long as it's not Ibanez U-shape thin. I don't dig that too much.

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

View Post

Ha why does playing bass like guitar not work? You've insulted me! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif You know what I mean.

View Post

Man, that is huge.

That's what she said.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Me too icon_lol.gif I'm one of those obnoxious people who say things like 'You play guitar? Then you can play bass too.'

In other news I got my Pulse Machine today. Very cool so far. The depth control actually goes from a triangle to almost square wave. The speed is a lot more restricted than the Tremolessence, but that's a good thing for me since I only use a small range of speed on trem anyhow. I'll try and do clips in a few days. Until then here's a new board pic.

4666271E-EBD1-46DF-8F5F-73244C9A0EA5-119

Guitar and bass are definitely similar, but only because they use steel strings, frets, magnetic pickups and thin necks. You can play bass like a guitar, and visa versa, but you'll never really understand the nuances of rhythm that way. My old bassist, for instance, knew things I did not understand. Well, I understood them once he played them, but his vision and knowledge far surpassed mine as a guitarist. But then again, he looked at me with the same awe and respect. He still asks me to send him riffs so he can jam over something testing and unique, simply because he can't come up with that type of stuff himself.

Your board is still frickin' awesome. Congrats on the new pedal. I've never heard of the Pulse Machine. It's discontinued, right?

View Post

I haven't tried a hagstrom...but i did hold one in my hand...the thing that made me put it back on the stand was the thin neck...they seem to have extremely thin necks. Apart from that...i love the look of the hagstroms and the quality to price ratio is extremely good!

I don't mind small necks, as long as it's not Ibanez U-shape thin. I don't dig that too much.

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

View Post

Ha why does playing bass like guitar not work? You've insulted me! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif You know what I mean.

View Post

Man, that is huge.

That's what she said.

• Members

View Post

yeah, that is the biggest issue...they don't bother to change the size of the body...the ONLY guitar turned bass that i do like is the Flying V bass...although the body isn't scaled up, it still looks damn good!

True, the Flying V bass does look pretty slick... but I believe it is an upscaled body though. The one I played definitely seemed larger then my epi V.

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs

View Post

Nice! That's about what I got mine for with a hardcase included. They are definitely nice guitars for the money. Yesterday I gave in and ordered a new bridge pickup, new saddles, straplocks and a couch strap for it. facepalm.gif

• Members

View Post

yeah, that is the biggest issue...they don't bother to change the size of the body...the ONLY guitar turned bass that i do like is the Flying V bass...although the body isn't scaled up, it still looks damn good!

True, the Flying V bass does look pretty slick... but I believe it is an upscaled body though. The one I played definitely seemed larger then my epi V.

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs

View Post

Nice! That's about what I got mine for with a hardcase included. They are definitely nice guitars for the money. Yesterday I gave in and ordered a new bridge pickup, new saddles, straplocks and a couch strap for it. facepalm.gif

• Members

View Post

He's {censored}ing massive.

Better make it count then mate.

In other news, I actually have a full rig; amp head, cab, les paul is in one piece with working electronics, nice compact pedalboard!

SO who wants to bet something terrible is about to happen to all of it?

• Members

View Post

He's {censored}ing massive.

Better make it count then mate.

In other news, I actually have a full rig; amp head, cab, les paul is in one piece with working electronics, nice compact pedalboard!

SO who wants to bet something terrible is about to happen to all of it?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Manback1

View Post

Damn, that board Trey. I was surfing Twosome and Dirt Transmitter vids today. 2013 is apparently the year of GAS for me. I think the Elements is the only significant purchase I made all last year. Now I want a new amp to go with the Hag.

Yeah man - 2013 may be a pretty expensive year for me as well. And you NEED a Dirt Transmitter. You know it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by pelliott

View Post

My man.

Also:

thumb.gif

View Post

Nice board...btw is that a PT Jnr or the PT2?

Thanks. It's a PT-1

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist

View Post

i will end you mad.gif

BRING IT.

View Post

love.gif

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

Yeah...I know. I just like ruffling bass player feathers from time to time.

Thanks for the compliment - that board will be for the Ampeg, which should be here tomorrow!!! Pulse Machine has been discontinued for quite a while I guess. This one is from 08 - has a hand written serial number on it, which is pretty neat/dorky.

• Members

View Post

Damn, that board Trey. I was surfing Twosome and Dirt Transmitter vids today. 2013 is apparently the year of GAS for me. I think the Elements is the only significant purchase I made all last year. Now I want a new amp to go with the Hag.

Yeah man - 2013 may be a pretty expensive year for me as well. And you NEED a Dirt Transmitter. You know it's true.

View Post

My man.

Also:

thumb.gif

View Post

Thanks. It's a PT-1

View Post

i will end you mad.gif

BRING IT.

View Post

love.gif

View Post

Thanks for the compliment - that board will be for the Ampeg, which should be here tomorrow!!! Pulse Machine has been discontinued for quite a while I guess. This one is from 08 - has a hand written serial number on it, which is pretty neat/dorky.

• Members

View Post

View Post

My man.

Also:

thumb.gif

View Post

Thanks. It's a PT-1

View Post

i will end you mad.gif

BRING IT.

View Post

love.gif

View Post

• Members

View Post

View Post

My man.

Also:

thumb.gif

View Post

Thanks. It's a PT-1

View Post

i will end you mad.gif

BRING IT.

View Post

love.gif

View Post

• Members

View Post

nice cabs man...love that finish on the wood.

Also...I just picked up a second hand PT2, which gives me more room for pedals...and i need to add some BAT pedals on there. struggling to decide between getting both Pharaoh and Ritual, or just getting the Sarcophagus...I'm leaning towards option 1...unless one you more knowledgeable folks sway me the other way...

• Members

View Post

nice cabs man...love that finish on the wood.

Also...I just picked up a second hand PT2, which gives me more room for pedals...and i need to add some BAT pedals on there. struggling to decide between getting both Pharaoh and Ritual, or just getting the Sarcophagus...I'm leaning towards option 1...unless one you more knowledgeable folks sway me the other way...

Archived