The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

View Post

While on the topic of bass...anyone have experience with reverb and bass? Tried my Ghost Disaster and there's just a little too much bass loss, I'm going to mess with some settings, but I'm not sure if it's going to work, any recommendations for bass?

didn't you have a DD-5? mine sounds insane with bass.

• Members

View Post

While on the topic of bass...anyone have experience with reverb and bass? Tried my Ghost Disaster and there's just a little too much bass loss, I'm going to mess with some settings, but I'm not sure if it's going to work, any recommendations for bass?

didn't you have a DD-5? mine sounds insane with bass.

• Members

View Post

Ha our new guitarist cut his teeth on black metal so there's no way it's NOT going to happen, and he has an awesome beard. I'll be sure to give Hootie a nice ass slap for you.

He has to go...ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by pelliott

View Post

Black Sleep of Kali could stand some more love around here

One of my current favorites.

• Members

View Post

Ha our new guitarist cut his teeth on black metal so there's no way it's NOT going to happen, and he has an awesome beard. I'll be sure to give Hootie a nice ass slap for you.

He has to go...ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by pelliott

View Post

Black Sleep of Kali could stand some more love around here

One of my current favorites.

• Members

I started a t-shirt preorder.

64990_10151625970374552_1449674451_n.jpg

If you want to buy a shirt please email me at dunwichamps@gmail.com with the email title, "T-shirt Preorder". Include in the email which shirt you want (goat, skull, and/or wizard), your shipping address, paypal address, size, and quantity.

I will have some girl cut shirts for the wizard so if you want a girls cut let me know.

Shirts will be $15 shipped in continental US. I will do international, shipping with be determined on a case by case basis.

• Members

I started a t-shirt preorder.

64990_10151625970374552_1449674451_n.jpg

If you want to buy a shirt please email me at dunwichamps@gmail.com with the email title, "T-shirt Preorder". Include in the email which shirt you want (goat, skull, and/or wizard), your shipping address, paypal address, size, and quantity.

I will have some girl cut shirts for the wizard so if you want a girls cut let me know.

Shirts will be $15 shipped in continental US. I will do international, shipping with be determined on a case by case basis.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

View Post

conky i think they use redbears

love.gif

I do feel like a jackass though because after getting both of these Redbear heads I've ran them for a total of around less than 10 minutes. The rest of the time they have sat on my shelf. The JCM800 / Revelation combo just sounds so good I don't wanna play anything else.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

View Post

conky i think they use redbears

love.gif

I do feel like a jackass though because after getting both of these Redbear heads I've ran them for a total of around less than 10 minutes. The rest of the time they have sat on my shelf. The JCM800 / Revelation combo just sounds so good I don't wanna play anything else.

• Members

I don't know if any of you guys dig Mouth of the Architect but they made a facebook post today that they are finishing up an album that should be released this summer. That makes me super happy as it has been a bit since they have released new material. In honor of that here is a video from their contribution to the newest Falling Down compilation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIjwRYls9Fs

In other news Cult of Luna's new album is also coming out soon and some of their new songs have been popping up on youtube and other download sites. Everything I have heard so far has been killer.

• Members

I don't know if any of you guys dig Mouth of the Architect but they made a facebook post today that they are finishing up an album that should be released this summer. That makes me super happy as it has been a bit since they have released new material. In honor of that here is a video from their contribution to the newest Falling Down compilation:

In other news Cult of Luna's new album is also coming out soon and some of their new songs have been popping up on youtube and other download sites. Everything I have heard so far has been killer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dazedbyday

View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIjwRYls9Fs

Preordered the new CoL pretty excited for that one. And trying to get MotA out to Balmer Totally_jammin_out.gif

• Members

Damn!!! I just found out Neurosis had an invite only show at the Oakland Metro New Year's Eve where they played a bunch of the old stuff. A friend of mine had a bunch of tickets but we were both out of town. I remember going to a Tribes of Neurot show like that in the mid/late 90's at some wharehouse space and that was really cool because they were able to do a lot more experimental stuff and it was a much more relaxed vibe...I bet this last show was probably similar. A little part of me just died inside frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Riffer

View Post

Hey {censored}os.

Thought I'd share this with all a yinz.

My new band "Myth". Been together about 2 months, still writing and learning how to play together, it's coming along slowly, as we are all pretty busy people..and you all know how hard that can be..But this is a rehearsal take on a handheld recorder, not great but will give you an idea of what we do and what I've been doing with my chubby dickbeaters, besides building pedals, holding bottles and doobs.

http://myth2.bandcamp.com/track/straving-for-sleep-demo

wave.gif

I dug this. Looking forward to better recordings thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC

View Post

are you gonna use JUST the horn? or are you gonna do like a stereo setup? the reason I ask (it might be the driver) but that horn hates fuzz. hates everything thats not bass. so I run the horn squeeky clean with all eq at 0 except bass then run all my fuzz through the sunn with 3 15s. the clean horn of death with the other {censored} pounding out fuzz is stupid fun.

Stereo setup for sure. Right now I have 3 amps going in the guitar rig with one earth feeding a 2x15and a 4x12, the other feeding the GK folded horn 4x12/2x10, and the Ward is hooked to the other 4x12. So one earth basically drives a kicker for the guitar. I'm trying to get T to put together a similar setup for bass. I'm not sure my house could handle it but I'm up for that risk. I'm also going to sell one of the 4x12's and get the 2x12 working cause that should suffice with everything else going on.

Quote Originally Posted by conky

View Post

love.gif

If ya wanna sell a redbear......

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AxAxSxS

View Post

I dug this. Looking forward to better recordings thumb.gif

Stereo setup for sure. Right now I have 3 amps going in the guitar rig with one earth feeding a 2x15and a 4x12, the other feeding the GK folded horn 4x12/2x10, and the Ward is hooked to the other 4x12. So one earth basically drives a kicker for the guitar. I'm trying to get T to put together a similar setup for bass. I'm not sure my house could handle it but I'm up for that risk. I'm also going to sell one of the 4x12's and get the 2x12 working cause that should suffice with everything else going on.

If ya wanna sell a redbear......

The 60 watter went up in the spam thread right after I got the Mk120. Figured there was no sense in having two of them plus two other heads. I've really been contemplating selling the MK120 to pay off an incoming ER bill. Sucks when the hospital you work at and have insurance through doesn't help you out in any kind of way with your bill.

• Members

View Post

Preordered the new CoL pretty excited for that one. And trying to get MotA out to Balmer Totally_jammin_out.gif

Great album! I love conceptual ones cool.gif

Favourite track: Mute Departure

I've also bought the tickets for this month show...first time seeing CoL live biggrin.gif

• Members

NGD!!!!!! Totally_jammin_out.gif

8355837366_93475fe753_c.jpg

Decided to take the Orange up to the local mega used gear shop and see what I could score for it. Found this bad boy on the shelf and picked it up with a hardcase as part of the deal. I know Dan (AGF) was working on a trade deal for one of these, DO IT!!!! This thing is freaking sweet; I absolutely love the neck, the WRHB is pretty sweet and the balance / fit n finish are wonderful. The only issue so far is the pickups are mismatched, the WRHB is way hotter then the bridge pickup, and it could use compensated saddles for intonation but so far its setup pretty good. I also got a modded out MIM p-bass as part of the deal (SD 1/4lb's, badass 2 bridge, hipshot d-tuner), all in all a damn good weekend. smile.gif

Archived