The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by samzadgan

View Post

you talking about the AR250 that are simple black with gold hardware? or the blingy ones? I haven't played ones, but i'm really interested in the 250.

The AR320 with coil tapping and whatnot, so I guess the blingy one. The ones I've played have felt very similar to my Les Paul and I dig the aesthetics. Plus the coil tapping options are really nice.

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

you talking about the AR250 that are simple black with gold hardware? or the blingy ones? I haven't played ones, but i'm really interested in the 250.

The AR320 with coil tapping and whatnot, so I guess the blingy one. The ones I've played have felt very similar to my Les Paul and I dig the aesthetics. Plus the coil tapping options are really nice.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pelliott

View Post

that 320 is nice...just saw the ones i didn't like as much, its the 325:http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-AR325

• Members

View Post

that 320 is nice...just saw the ones i didn't like as much, its the 325:http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-AR325

• Members

View Post

Yeah, not into the colors on those very much at all. I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a 420, as I like that color scheme the most (it's worth $50 to be the handsomest boy on the block, duh), but the 320's Vintage Burst looks fine enough that I'd be happy with it.

• Members

View Post

Yeah, not into the colors on those very much at all. I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a 420, as I like that color scheme the most (it's worth $50 to be the handsomest boy on the block, duh), but the 320's Vintage Burst looks fine enough that I'd be happy with it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Manback1

View Post

Made s thread on this but thought I'd post here too. Off to my first jam with this tonight. Replaced the ugly tuning machines with Grovers and threw some 11s on it. Had to raise the action a bit and now it plays nice.

7BBCAB3D-D78A-4833-8DAB-36DAD44E6E4B-463

I'll check you your thread now. Congratulations, mate!

The Ibanez AR420 is much better looking, IMO. It looks classier and sleaker. The binding should have been the traditional cream though. The fancy binding almost ruins it.

• Members

View Post

Made s thread on this but thought I'd post here too. Off to my first jam with this tonight. Replaced the ugly tuning machines with Grovers and threw some 11s on it. Had to raise the action a bit and now it plays nice.

I'll check you your thread now. Congratulations, mate!

The Ibanez AR420 is much better looking, IMO. It looks classier and sleaker. The binding should have been the traditional cream though. The fancy binding almost ruins it.

• Members

View Post

Still using the same ol' Epi LPC with the Duncan Distortion in the bridge and Phat Cat in the neck in drop A, and since apartment living isn't conducive to the VT-22 (frown.gif) it's back in Cleveland currently and I'm just using the Tiny Terror through a JC 1x12. Gonna probably buy one of the Ibanez Artist reissues soon because I keep loving the one I've tried a couple times more and more.

Yep, apartment living can definitely be a bitch. I keep wanting a 'big' amp, but my wife switches to days next week so high volume playing will be at a minimum.

And I definitely need to check out those new Artists. Like right now.

View Post

love.gif

I found a slightly used Ampeg GVT 15 that I should be sending the money for tonight. It's been a bitch to find them in stock or not for retail price. So hopefully I will have a stereo rig again soon. And my board will be back in one piece after my Pulse Machine gets here.

• Members

View Post

Still using the same ol' Epi LPC with the Duncan Distortion in the bridge and Phat Cat in the neck in drop A, and since apartment living isn't conducive to the VT-22 (frown.gif) it's back in Cleveland currently and I'm just using the Tiny Terror through a JC 1x12. Gonna probably buy one of the Ibanez Artist reissues soon because I keep loving the one I've tried a couple times more and more.

Yep, apartment living can definitely be a bitch. I keep wanting a 'big' amp, but my wife switches to days next week so high volume playing will be at a minimum.

And I definitely need to check out those new Artists. Like right now.

View Post

love.gif

I found a slightly used Ampeg GVT 15 that I should be sending the money for tonight. It's been a bitch to find them in stock or not for retail price. So hopefully I will have a stereo rig again soon. And my board will be back in one piece after my Pulse Machine gets here.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AxAxSxS

View Post

yeah it'll have a nice home where it will be cherished and fed daily doses of the heavy. Tony's boards looking very badass too, the bluebeard sounds {censored}ing great and fits right into our mix. It's crazy how similar our thoughts on how {censored} should sound are.

So I'm having a beer thinking about what to sell and listening to some bongripper thumb.gif

Edit to say: the only thing that sucks right now is that the earthquake sensurround cab I want to put together will be on hold unless I can sell some {censored}. I gotta fund some speakers. I'm needing an efficient 18 and also need a couple of 12's to go in the fender cab I have. I'm thinking one of the 4x12's needs to go, and a couple guitars.

I dont know whos fault you wanting one of those is. . .

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AxAxSxS

View Post

yeah it'll have a nice home where it will be cherished and fed daily doses of the heavy. Tony's boards looking very badass too, the bluebeard sounds {censored}ing great and fits right into our mix. It's crazy how similar our thoughts on how {censored} should sound are.

So I'm having a beer thinking about what to sell and listening to some bongripper thumb.gif

Edit to say: the only thing that sucks right now is that the earthquake sensurround cab I want to put together will be on hold unless I can sell some {censored}. I gotta fund some speakers. I'm needing an efficient 18 and also need a couple of 12's to go in the fender cab I have. I'm thinking one of the 4x12's needs to go, and a couple guitars.

I dont know whos fault you wanting one of those is. . .

• Members

View Post

Know what else is full of win? This {censored}ing Druden demo. Good lord.

In fact, I'm listening to Druden while watching Fun. cavort about the stage on mute on SNL and it's the most entertaining thing I've seen since my friends and I took turns playing grindcore to Justin Bieber on mute on SNL.

Sorry for the quadruple post.

Archived