Morpheus capo - experience?

Danhedonia

• Members

Local GC has two Morpheus Capos they are blowing out at $50.  I am interested in opinions based on the following intended use:

Recording, quick & dirty transposition of songs into different keys for bed tracking.  Final overdubs would likely not be done with the pedal.

Explanation: I'm a bad musician, and write mostly in cowboy-chord and/or blues/pentatonic keys (esp. A, B and E).  Over the course of many songs, that ... doesn't flow well.  So, I realize I should move the songs to different keys.  The problem is that capo-ing requires retuning (even for bed tracking - can't stand listening to out-of-tune instrumentation on playback).

Is this a quick fix for $50?  Can I put that stuff into F# 'just to hear how it sounds' (and to see if I can reach the vox) easily?

Anyone have any experience with the pedal, or an alternative solution?  FWIW, I record in analog, not to PC.

• Members

Are you recording on your computer? All the recording software I've used has had the ability to transpose parts, which would probably be the best option. Usually just a click and drag to shift the pitch. I don't have any experience but Youtube demos sound pretty good. The 12-string sound alone might be worth $50. I would think the imperfections would be more obvious on a recording, though, and you said tuning has to be good. Guitar Center says they don't take returns on clearance items, but if you talk to a manager before you buy they should let you take it back if you decide it's not getting the job done.

Archived