new Boss tuner : size fail

JorisBlack

• Members

Current draw: 350mA :eek:

It comes with a new adapter too - the PSB-1U. No info on that, but it should be 9vDC (as the TU-1000 has a power out jack for sharing power to other stompboxes).

Epic fail. But it will probably sell anyway...

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It doesn't even look modern or refreshing. It's very 80s.

It reminds me a lot of Simon. On the other hand, that late 70s / early 80s Hi-Fi look is quite in right now.

simon_game_w.jpg

You know, I get the being-wickedly-huge thing, so people can see the LCD from far away and get as accurate as possible - but what's up with the rest of it? The LCD accounts for about a fourth of it's size. If it was that wide, but, say, only an inch and a half tall, it would be pretty sweet riding the top of a pedal board.

Hey guys, look at the bright side, if 20% of fools use this to replace the TU-2, it'll drive their aftermarket value down. More TU-2s for us.

• Members

You know, I get the being-wickedly-huge thing, so people can see the LCD from far away and get as accurate as possible - but what's up with the rest of it? The LCD accounts for about a fourth of it's size. If it was that wide, but, say, only an inch and a half tall, it would be pretty sweet riding the top of a pedal board.

it needs to be that tall so the audience can read the word BOSS on the back in two foot high letters

Boss%20TU1000%202Popup.jpg

• Members

WHAT THE {censored}, other companies are trying it make their pedals more compact...more boss sized and boss comes out with this????? how about instead of making a 80s looking humongous floor tuner they start reissuing some of their cool discontinued pedals

Archived