My Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. review is up...

Phil O'Keefe

Robo, kiss my tush you jaded, negative-minded troll.

Have you tried the box in question? If not, you have no room to talk. In fact, I'm about half an inch away from perma-banning your sorry butt, so I'd suggest you give it a rest, before I give the site a permanent rest from you.

I've given you a ton of breaks over the years, but I'm pretty fed up. The next time you call my objectivity or credibility into question, you're gone. I'll put my contributions to the community up for comparison with yours ANY day.

Johansolo wrote:

Also didnt realise there is a two notes plugin. Hmmm

I heard about that plugin just as I was wrapping up the review. I have not tried it myself, but my understanding is that it's very limited in terms of the amps and cabinet... I think there's only a single model of each in the plugin. I suspect it would also be a bit of a CPU hog too - convolution plugins often are... but the actual processing of the plugin is supposed to be the same as that used in the hardware. I imagine that some users would be interested in going with the software if they were to decide to offer a full-featured version.

The remote software that Two Notes provides to control the Torpedo CAB is very cool, but it's just control - the processing is still being done inside the box itself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Johansolo wrote:

im testing out the wall of sound III plug in (free trial for 30 days)

limited to 2 cabs, but you can test the extra cabs and then buy more on the store.

this thing is insanely cool!

I've been messing with WOS as well loading third party IRs into it and my GSP1101. The results are close enough that the CAB isn't of interest to me, but WOS is a great option for virtual re-cabing a dry track or just for jamming if you can achieve low enough latency. My rather old system is fast enough that the latency isn't too distracting. I imagine a smoking newer box wouldn't have any issues.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Thanks Phil.  I got a new DAW "super" computer from ADK about a year ago and have been considering the Two Notes rack unit b/c I want to be able to run my Tremoverb direct.  But that unit is some serious $$$.  The C.A.B looks cool, but I feel like I'd still end up wanting a decent preamp.  I dig those Egnater preamps that Pete Torn uses in the C.A.B Demo, but those are discontinued.

More stuff to research and consider I guess :smileythumbsupsmall:

Thanks again for the review

Archived