The Official "Vox Pathfinder" Lounge

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Your options are to either just use one or get another one or two speakers to run with it.

If you go the latter, you'd either have to run those in series to get a 16 ohm load and run that in parallel with another 16 ohm load to get it at 8. Or run them in parallel to get 4 and then that in series with another 4 ohm load to get it at 8.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdubb2

View Post

Ok. Talked to my father in law and mentioned he had a way to make it work. He mentioned a power amp...Thoughts? I;m completely clueless.

Sending the Line Out to a separate power amp that will output the correct ohms for those speakers will work, but it kinda defeats the portability, which is (for me) one of the biggest advantages of the pathfinder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Got mine today. Really awesome. I don't know why the boost is foot-switchable. It makes way too big of a difference. Having the foot switch for the tremolo is super useful and awesome.

I tried it through the Celestion G12 Century Vintage in my HRD and didn't like it. Way too trebly. This amp needs a nice, dark speaker. The one in it is great and I think is why it is so superior to similar amps.

Think I might get a couple of those $60 Kustom 112 cabs and run them in parallel. Little Pathfinder stack.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by hotmess View Post
Got mine today. Really awesome. I don't know why the boost is foot-switchable. It makes way too big of a difference. Having the foot switch for the tremolo is super useful and awesome.

I tried it through the Celestion G12 Century Vintage in my HRD and didn't like it. Way too trebly. This amp needs a nice, dark speaker. The one in it is great and I think is why it is so superior to similar amps.

Think I might get a couple of those $60 Kustom 112 cabs and run them in parallel. Little Pathfinder stack.
I've been debating putting a 10'' in it but its good enough with the stock 8''

• Members

Did the LED mod. Put everything back together, suddenly, it lacked almost all volume. I was like, "{censored}, I hope I didn't overheat something going to ground."

I opened it up, I accidentally made a bridge from one of the LED spots. Cleared it up. Plugged it in.

UNREAL. This thing sound so {censored}ing amazing now. I mean, it sounded good before, but the little extra headroom is awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Two questions, as I'm still considering one of these as a coffee house / recording / practice amp :

a. does anybody have any examples of a 15r well recorded and in a mix? Preferably something indie-ish / modern rock sounding.. Crappy youtube on camera mic clips just aint convincing me
b. Anybody tried a weber blue dog in one of these to try to get a more 'english' sound? i know its overkill, but the worst case is the amp dies some day and you have a well broken in speaker you can still use in another project, not a complete waste of money...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by enroper View Post
Two questions, as I'm still considering one of these as a coffee house / recording / practice amp :

a. does anybody have any examples of a 15r well recorded and in a mix? Preferably something indie-ish / modern rock sounding.. Crappy youtube on camera mic clips just aint convincing me
b. Anybody tried a weber blue dog in one of these to try to get a more 'english' sound? i know its overkill, but the worst case is the amp dies some day and you have a well broken in speaker you can still use in another project, not a complete waste of money...
i dont have a recording, but my band played a gig a couple weeks ago at a rather large cafe and i just used the pathfinder and it was awesome. guitar cut through great in the mix (even with the treble backed down a bit) and i didnt even crank it. it was set master volume all the way up and the gain at like 10 o'clock. not even breaking a sweat. and it sounded great with overdrive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by enroper View Post
Way early in the thread richey888 posted a couple tracks where he used the Pathfinder to do most of the heavy lifting:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...1#post43253150

I've been an absentee parent on this thread, mostly because a many months back my Pathfinder released the magic smoke that keeps all of its celestial harmony in sync. After that it didn't sound very good... or at all actually. Now I'm using it as a speaker cab for my Valve Jr. head. Debating between getting another Pathfinder or a Champ clone head.