The Official "Vox Pathfinder" Lounge

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I got mine for $75 used - was basically new. Its seriously an awesome amp. I was using a Ampeg Gemini I as my "bedroom" amp which for obvious reasons is kinda silly, but I'm gonna sell it cause I don't really need it. The 15r sounds really good and is plenty loud. I'd considering making a new baffle and dropping a 10'' in there.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent'd View Post
I currently own a Special 6, and used to own a Pathfinder. The VHT KILLS.
but what can you get a 6 for used? $50-75 used for a pathfinder. SS - no need to worry about tubes.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by t-rey View Post
Anybody know the dimensions of the Pathfinder heads? I want one, but not badly enough to pay the going rate - so I was thinking it could quite a bit cheaper to buy a combo and build a head shell (or have one built).
I have the 2x10 cab that came with the head. Haven't found the head for sale, so I've been stacking the 15r combo on top of it. It fits perfectly. Just wish I had a black grill on the combo so it would match the cab...

You could just chop the cab on the combo to make a head.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by twanguero View Post
I have the 2x10 cab that came with the head. Haven't found the head for sale, so I've been stacking the 15r combo on top of it. It fits perfectly. Just wish I had a black grill on the combo so it would match the cab...

You could just chop the cab on the combo to make a head.
Thanks! Yeah - if they are the same width, I'll estimate the height, chop that {censored} and try my hand at tolexing it. I'm assuming I would need to make a front baffle as well.

Edit - Wait...does the combo have outs for an external cab? Would it be more involved than disconnecting the combo speaker and making it into a head, or would there be wiring involved???

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by t-rey View Post
Thanks! Yeah - if they are the same width, I'll estimate the height, chop that {censored} and try my hand at tolexing it. I'm assuming I would need to make a front baffle as well.

Edit - Wait...does the combo have outs for an external cab? Would it be more involved than disconnecting the combo speaker and making it into a head, or would there be wiring involved???
Mine has an 8 ohm eternal cab out and a line out. Don't know why you'd bother converting a cheap combo into a head given that.

• Members

so, i got to try out a pathfinder today.

the hype is justified.

i tried out the 10 cuz they didnt have the 15r. so on the clean channel, it was pretty good. warm, full sounding. then i turned up the gain and it was all FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

with the gain turned up all the way it was this super sweet thick fuzz. very cool. it was useful and good too, not {censored}ty and ice picky.

so basically, it was $74 new, so if i cant find the 15r, i might just pick the 10 up.

• Members

just bought one. LOVE it! crazy as it sounds, its almost as loud as my ac15c1 or so it seems in a smaller room.

question for other pathfinder owners...on mine, with the gain and volume at max and the boost on, i can always hear some bleed through of the tremolo even when the tremolo speed and depth are off. is this common for other pathfinders?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe View Post

the hype is justified.

i tried out the 10 cuz they didnt have the 15r. so on the clean channel, it was pretty good. warm, full sounding. then i turned up the gain and it was all FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

with the gain turned up all the way it was this super sweet thick fuzz. very cool. it was useful and good too, not {censored}ty and ice picky.

so basically, it was $74 new, so if i cant find the 15r, i might just pick the 10 up.
Quote Originally Posted by ert View Post
just bought one. LOVE it! crazy as it sounds, its almost as loud as my ac15c1 or so it seems in a smaller room.

question for other pathfinder owners...on mine, with the gain and volume at max and the boost on, i can always hear some bleed through of the tremolo even when the tremolo speed and depth are off. is this common for other pathfinders?

Both of these are good to hear smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe View Post

the hype is justified.

there was another one that popped up on craigslist for $60 I think. the 15R that is

• Members

cleans are GREAT on my pathfinder 15r ministack 2x10, but i hear some strange artificial noise when set on crunch during the fade-out of chords, boh ... all in all a very good amp. i used it to record as well and people always can't believe that it's just that transistor amp.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTrails

View Post

Mine has an 8 ohm eternal cab out and a line out. Don't know why you'd bother converting a cheap combo into a head given that.

Good to know. And I don't really have a reason to want to convert it into a head other than just preferring heads/cabs over combos.