Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gorebuc

View Post

save your money and get the Arion SCHZ chorus for $15 from MF. Its tons better than anything Boss puts out new right now. thumb.gif

I wanted the Boss pedal's metal casing because I gig quite regularly and the only reason I have the plastic Behringer pedal is because I am a rhythm guitarist and as so I don't get many solos! I'll check out the Arion pedal though.

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by AxemBlack

View Post

I wanted the Boss pedal's metal casing because I gig quite regularly and the only reason I have the plastic Behringer pedal is because I am a rhythm guitarist and as so I don't get many solos! I'll check out the Arion pedal though.

If you must have metal, there are better chorus pedals out than the Boss, at any rate. Check out the ElectroHarmoix Small Clone, for instance. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jb1911

View Post

Thanks, it's a work in progress. I just bought an MJM London Fuzz, but I haven't recieved it yet. The good things about the tuner are, it's not jumpy like the TU2 and it's built like a tank. I don't think it's true bypass, but it doesn't color my tone at all. It also has the double power jacks for daisy chaining. It's also really small and doesn't take up much space. It does make a funny noise every now and then when in tuning mode, not all the time, but often enough. Kind of a buzzing sound that's not too loud, but it's loud enough to be annoying. I think I'm eventually going to trade it in for a Korg DT10 because it's more accurate and as far as I know, it's dead silent when tuning. I like the idea of more accuracy for intonating my bridges. Hope this helps.

The planet waves tuner is pretty good except they didn't provide enough filtering on the power circuitry. This is what causes the buzzing sound. It is actually true bypassed, but when you have this daisy chained with all your other effects the planet waves adds noise to the power line which is seen by all other pedals connected to it. The remedy for this is to use a battery for just the planet waves and then it becomes silent as it's no longer connected to the power supply of the other pedals, therefore it's noise is isolated. Using a battery with the tuner isn't too bad as it's usually first in the chain and in most cases it's unplugged when not in use, unlike other pedals on the board which are usually left connected. Not sure if there is a mod to fix the power supply issue. Maybe Planet Waves will fix this in future runs of this tuner.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gorebuc

View Post

If you must have metal, there are better chorus pedals out than the Boss, at any rate. Check out the ElectroHarmoix Small Clone, for instance. thumb.gif

I looked into the Small Clone but a combination of little flexibility and people complaining about how it's not very reliable put me off it.

Boss pedals just last ages so that's why I want it. Plus the CE-5 has no really bad reviews and has an average score of 8.6 on HC and 9.06 on MF, which is pretty good.

I could get the Arion one and have it rehoused but that would cost about

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AxemBlack

View Post

I looked into the Small Clone but a combination of little flexibility and people complaining about how it's not very reliable put me off it.

Boss pedals just last ages so that's why I want it. Plus the CE-5 has no really bad reviews and has an average score of 8.6 on HC and 9.06 on MF, which is pretty good.

I could get the Arion one and have it rehoused but that would cost about

• Members

IMG_00031.jpg

First Pedaltrain pic. SD-1 is just holding a place for a RAT of some kind, probably a BYOC Mighty Mouse. My birthday is next saturday as well, so heres to hoping for enough dough to move my DMM over and put a Polychorus where it sits love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Eye_Of_The_Liger

View Post

*assumes Borat voice* Vary niiiice! thumb.gif

By the way, where did you get the cables with those flat right-angle Switchcraft plugs? Those would go quite nicely with my current setup.

(Assumes Spikoli's voice), Totally awesome!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Eye_Of_The_Liger

View Post

*assumes Borat voice* Vary niiiice! thumb.gif

By the way, where did you get the cables with those flat right-angle Switchcraft plugs? Those would go quite nicely with my current setup.

Thanx! wave.gif

Sorry, all of the cables with Switchcraft 90 ends where made by me cry.gif

(The one between the Psilocybe and the Nebula is over 30 years old)

Archived