Here it is finally! Immortal! Vox too!

crwnedblasphemy

• Members

Originally posted by ams2ek

Dude that was Fu****g killer man. Great job on the guitar you have the song down perfect man. Guitar tone was killer also what amp did you use?

Rick

Wow....thanks Rick....Glad you dug it!

I used my voodoo modded 5150 on the crunch channel with a modded Boss SD-1 as a boost.:) :)

• Members

Excellent!!!

I actually think abbath uses too much distortion. A bit too undefined for me. Your tone is great!

Didn't he use Marshall JMP1 preamp and some Marshall poweramp? I think I've seen him with that live.

• Members

I also liked the vocals.

Originally posted by iAnders

Excellent!!!

I actually think abbath uses too much distortion. A bit too undefined for me. Your tone is great!

Didn't he use Marshall JMP1 preamp and some Marshall poweramp? I think I've seen him with that live.

I did a bunch of searching one day and his rig seemed to change a lot. In one it looked like he was using a ton of rack gear, in another it looked like he was running a Mesa head, another it looked like he was running a Marshall head. I also have a bootleg and he's having technical problems and he keeps leaning down to adjust some cables going into either some stomp boxes or a floor effects processor.

He's hard to find any gear listings at all. I still don't know what sort of guitar he had.

• Members

I read that he used a Marshall JCM900 with Boss DS-1.....don't know which tour?

I figured in the studio they used Sansamp PSA-1 since they recorded a lot at Abyss studios and I know Peter loves that preamp for Hypocrisy. Their tone sounds pretty similar on disc.

Thanks for the compliments on vocals(don't think it is my strong suit).

• Members

Rian, that sounds badass. I liked your vocals in that and that Iced Earth clip you did before. Oh and you should get a Digital Sound Planet account, that way you can post direct links to your clips. I know a lot of people hate Soundclick clips for whatever reason. It seems to not work a lot for me. But at any rate, if you wanna check out DSP, it's www.digitalsoundplanet.com And of course it's free! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived