3 Metal Mayhem Jams!! 25 Players!! HCAF Madness!!

Alex Flouros

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Alex Flouros

sorry bro...

i had to allign much stuff there..

and tried my best to punch in everything correctly..

but i figured a couple of tracks would be a little off..

sorry again...

Alex

That is tough with all those takes. Great job and thanks for the hard work

oh..I forgot to comment

It was great hearing all those different tones and styles. My favorite was Chubtone but that is probably because that is my style too--there was so many good takes though---big claps all around

• Members

Thanks guys. I'm REALLY blown away at the compliments. I wasn't expecting this at all. I haven't gigged at all in 10 years and not gigged seriously since the LA "glory days" and have NEVER posted any lead playing of mine on-line. I was really nervous to be included in this line-up of players and I wanted to re-do my solo I sent to Alex about 50 times, but it was already sent.

I used a Suhr Standard -> Keeley SD-1 -> Mojave Peacemaker.

The Keeley SD-1 is definitely not my favorite boost with this amp, but my TS-9 and my MXR 6 Band weren't at home and my Digitech Bad Monkey was still at Guitar Center. :D I think all of those sound better than the SD-1 with THIS amp.

• Members

Oh man, so many awesome takes.

Some of my favorite takes:

Randy Van Sykes-I really like the Randy Rhoads type licks you threw in, especially the chromatic ones.
Sah5150-I love all the tapping. I'm trying to put my finger on what song it is, but there is a Loudness song uses a similar lick to the one you used at 4:29.
Myron-That was freakin insane.
BillyBogner-I love the more traditional type lead. Someone mentioned it had more of a Gibson style lead and I definitely agree.
Chubtone-Really enjoyed the playing and phrasing.

By the way, how many of you guys teach lessons?

• Members

Originally posted by Alex Flouros

sorry bro...

i had to allign much stuff there..

and tried my best to punch in everything correctly..

but i figured a couple of tracks would be a little off..

sorry again...

Alex

Yeah, mine is an 1/8 note behind the beat, but no worries. That is a lot of editing to do. Nice work, Alex! No need for appologies.

Bob, you're such a bully!!!!!!!!!!

Now, off to hear the others!

btw, guys on the 2nd jam, great playing! Some guys really surprised me! Nice work.

• Members

Also, thanks for the tone compliments. You guys will never believe what I used........................

{censored} Japanese Charvel model 3 with a Floyd and a Duncan EVH p/u
Bogner 4x12 cab with g12h30's
Mesa Boogie studio 22 with graphic eq DIMED
into a hot plate!

Go figure:p

• Members
Originally posted by billybogner

Also, thanks for the tone compliments. You guys will never believe what I used........................

{censored} Japanese Charvel model 3 with a Floyd and a Duncan EVH p/u

Bogner 4x12 cab with g12h30's

Mesa Boogie studio 22 with graphic eq DIMED

into a hot plate!

Go figure:p

LMAO. And it was still great tone. Your phrasing is a thing of beauty. Seirously, all the players on here are bad asses, but your playing/phrasing is just classy. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

LMAO. And it was still great tone. Your phrasing is a thing of beauty. Seirously, all the players on here are bad asses, but your playing/phrasing is just classy.
;)

That's just par for the course. Even the way Mark drinks beer is classy... pinky slightly out, a glass of water after each beer (or every other one?). Mark rules!

• Members

BB,
Your tone is very sweet. It reminds me of Lynch's on the 2nd Lynch Mob album.

BTW, your 1/8th off the beat phrasing still sounds killer!

And to the guy who asked..... I USED to give lessons. For 14 years in fact. The day I taught a kid six entire new Green Day songs in a half hour and fit them all on one side of one page of tab was the day I knew I had to stop teaching. The next kid after him confirmed my decision when he wanted to learn "Polly" by Nirvana. Good thing my lesson room was on the first floor or else I would have jumped right out the window. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Chubtone

The day I taught a kid 6 new Green Day songs in a half hour and fit them all on one side of one page of tab was the day I knew I had to stop teaching.

I'm just glad you took the time to show me those tunes, I couldn't have learned them otherwise.

Archived