I didn't know "Jump" by Van Halen was a cover...

beno

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by JonathanD

Tori Amos did a cover on piano. She sounds manly enough.

She also covered Raining Blood. And just like that, a thrash metal classic about the landscape of hell turned into an ode to menstration.

• Members

Originally posted by ermghoti

She also covered Raining Blood. And just like that, a thrash metal classic about the landscape of hell turned into an ode to menstration.

Hahaha. That is the funniest thing I've heard all week.

• Members

Originally posted by beno

{censored} you, whats your problem man? I'm {censored}ing asking this b/c I wanna know what the {censored} it is that I heard.

don't make this worse than it is, beno. you did ask a question, but it wasn't whether or not it was a cover, but if anyone else knew that it was a cover-

Originally posted by beno

I was so surprised...I had no idea...anyone else not know this?

you said something pretty {censored}ing stupid (by being a bitch to the guy who called you on it), just take your lumps and move on.

a point of advice - perhaps if you were a little more humble, {censored} like this wouldn't happen to you. it's ok to ask a question, just don't get upset when you find out you're not as cool as you thought you were.

• Members

Originally posted by Whammyless

My bad, I always assumed "Jan" was female as it's usually a female name except in this case and people like Jan Hammer:) Regardless, cool tune though I wonder if they were blitzed when recording that?

Jan is a Dutch male name, absolutely not female.

its a short version of Johannes (from the bible), which turned into Johan and then Jan.

The French equivalent is Jean and the English one is John... i wouldn't call john a female name.

its a very old fashioned name nowadays.

• Members

Originally posted by Kap'n

Aztec Camera did a cover of Jump way back when.

Way cooler than the lame-ass original, that's for sure.

I'm glad someone mentioned this. This is a great cover of Jump but Roddy Frame's guitar solo at the end completely ruined the song.

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Do people actually read threads all the way through before they post? There's so many posts in this thread where people repeat the same {censored}..

I didn't know people could read in the amp forum. I always thought their moms were reading the words, and then the forumites were dictating their repsonses, with mom making the posts.:p

• Members
Originally posted by Jaymeister

I didn't know people could read in the amp forum. I always thought their moms were reading the words, and then the forumites were dictating their repsonses, with mom making the posts.
:p

:D

You just might be right... Be shhhhh! You dont want to be tazered do you? :mad:;)

• 15 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Considering that this issue was refuted and solved on page one [15 years ago!]...I would like to see the evidence you think you remember from 1959...:wave:

otherwise I will be deleting your post and returning this thread to zombieland.

Archived