Hurricane Katrina....Pray for New Orleans.

Dale B.

• Members

This monster is up to 175 m.p.h. winds with the 2nd lowest air pressure ever recorded for a hurricane in the Northern Hemisphere. The vast majority of New Orleans metro area is below sea level and hasn't seen a direct hit from a hurricane in over a century and it looks as if that is going to happen in the next 24 hours.

Pray for the people that do not have the transportation or money to get out of there. This could be and probably will be a very horrible situation.

Dale

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"New Orleans is sinking, and I don't wanna swim"

IN all honesty people need to take that warning seriously. I just finished looking at Katrina on all the weather maps and sat photos. It is unreal. The city and its people are in for a very hard time from this one it looks like. I suppose it could miss but I wouldn't wanna count on it.

Take care Dale!

Gary

• Members

BR here guys... If we don't lose power, I'll try to post some pics when it hits. We're either battening it down in out apt building or heading to my parents down the street. I think it's suppose to lose a good bit of power before it gets here, but who knows.

Peace.

• Members

You never know what is going to happen with a hurricane. They're just so unpredictable. I've been arguing/discussing with my wife for about an hour now whether we should board up, leave or do nothing but wait and see. We're 120 miles east of N.O., and may not get anything but alot of rain and wind. West side always has it easy in a hurricane. It's the east side that gets battered.

• Members

New Orleans is really in for it now. They need our prayers now.

Some people who can't get out of the city are going to meet at the Superdome. People who are in the hospitals and nursing homes are supposed to go there too.

I am lucky that i live about 4 hours away from New Orleans.

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

SRO, good luck man. I still cant help but think you should get farther away...
:(

Thanks man, we appreciate it... But that times just about over for rolling. We're just getting settled in and all. My friend's the mantainence manager of our building and he's staying with his wife, daughter, and has more people coming in to stay. So, not that everything should stand on his opinion, but he thinks the place is sturdy enough... it was built right after Besty in 65, so that might help.

Again, I'll post until we lose cable and/or power. Peace.

• Members

Originally posted by Taco2004

New Orleans is really in for it now. They need our prayers now.

Some people who can't get out of the city are going to meet at the Superdome. People who are in the hospitals and nursing homes are supposed to go there too.

I am lucky that i live about 4 hours away from New Orleans.

Yeah, I'm told unless it turns west a good bit, we're fairly cool... we'll be in for a rough night tomorrow night, but I don't figure anything life-threatening. So, you guys should be cool. Peace.

• Members

Originally posted by Rusty G.

You never know what is going to happen with a hurricane. They're just so unpredictable. I've been arguing/discussing with my wife for about an hour now whether we should board up, leave or do nothing but wait and see. We're 120 miles east of N.O., and may not get anything but alot of rain and wind. West side always has it easy in a hurricane. It's the east side that gets battered.

Yeah Man....My brother is still down in Broussard. He is going to wait until this evening to see what happens.

Take Care Rusty.

Dale

• Members

What has happened down here is the wind have changed
Clouds roll in from the north and it started to rain
Rained real hard and rained for a real long time
Six feet of water in the streets of Evangeline

The river rose all day
The river rose all night
Some people got lost in the flood
Some people got away alright
The river have busted through cleared down to Plaquemines
Six feet of water in the streets of Evangeline

Louisiana, Louisiana
They're tyrin' to wash us away
They're tryin' to wash us away
Louisiana, Louisiana

President Coolidge came down in a railroad train
With a little fat man with a note-pad in his hand
The President say, "Little fat man isn't it a shame what the river has
done
To this poor crackers land."

Louisiana, Louisiana
They're tyrin' to wash us away
Louisiana, Louisiana

• Members

I'm in Alexandria, LA and we have alot of evacuees here. I'm driving to Destin next week for my honeymoon. I hope it's still there.

Hey Dale, do you know Kody Simmons? I was at his house the other day and he said a guy named Dale from Jena may be coming over to jam and I was wondering if that was you. If so, it's a small world.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarpkr76

I'm in Alexandria, LA and we have alot of evacuees here. I'm driving to Destin next week for my honeymoon. I hope it's still there.

Hey Dale, do you know Kody Simmons? I was at his house the other day and he said a guy named Dale from Jena may be coming over to jam and I was wondering if that was you. If so, it's a small world.

Yep, that's me.

Dale

• Members

Thanks guys, I live in St. Bernard Parish, La. (southeast of New Orleans) they are projecting our entire parish to be flooded with 8-10ft of water, if the storm stays on its projected path. I am currently at a relatives house north of the lake. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the projections but our levees have never been tested against a major hurricane. Last month I just completed doing some major renovations to our home and it looks like a years worth of work will go down the drain. Greg P.

• Members

Originally posted by Rusty G.

I don't know if thats true or not, but I have been on the west side of several hurricanes and it was no walk in the park. When you are talking Cat 5, the east west north and sounth get obliterated. Not trying to scare you, but you should take all precautions possible.

-Joe

Archived