Anybody plays Screamo ( Saetia) which is good equipment howdo DSL 100 less crunchy

Jav

• Members

Hi i play kinda Screamo, by Screamo I mean bands like

Saetia, Tristan Tzara, Louise Cyphre, etc..) it is rare for guitarist to know or like this genre but if you do know it please give me tips on which amp or Distortion pedal can i get to get mostly an Louise Cyphre sound, and if you dont know what screamo is, does anybody know how can i make an JCM 200 DSL 100 Less crunchy???? I am an amatuer with this kind of stuff and aint got the money to try out and buy another amp, so is there any way that trough the clean channel, can i have a cleaner less crunchy sound when i rise the gain knob beyond 3. because i really like the sound it gives with low gain settings but i have to play louder, even with volume at 10 my minimum gain level to reach correct volume is 3 and the sound becomes inmediatly very crunchy which would be good if i didnt play screamo. Will changing tubes or something help???? or what else can i do?

• Members

well, real screamo is my favorite musical genre. there are only a couple people on this board that care for this music honestly. your amp should be fairly decent for your musical style. this screamo band uses a marshall amp just like yours and their tone fits. http://www.purevolume.com/acheemelie

i don't have too much experience with the marshall dsl100 but, post your amp settings along with what guitar you are using and what pickups are in the guitar, than we could give more suggestions. are you looking for a more scratchy/noisy sound? or a more bottom heavy sound?

• Members

THanks man! I tought nobody would answer, I like Achemele`s tone ( nice good music too!) but i want something more shiny, I have the 62 reissue SG with the P-45 pickups, i normally use my amp with both tone shift and deep buttons pushed, i get the middle knob close to 0, the trebles around 4 presence around 5 or 6, and bass around 4, I always have the volume knob up to 10, so ill use the least gain, i use the boss ds-2, i realize there are a lot of better dist pedals around i just dont find one that i really like better, the great thing about those settings, is that i get a verry good body, but when i add gain it starts to become too much or kind of amorfous, i also recently bought the MXr 10 band eq and its cool but cant change the crunchy nature of my amp, I also play sometimes a borrowed an JCM 900 but i dont like it its way more crunchy, anyway, i dont use any of the amp distortions they are good but not very much for my music, i have a ds-1 that i dont use, it gives a better shinny sound than the ds-2 but it takes away the body, my band is by the waywww.myspace.com/arsemoreira . I guess thtas it thanks for your help, a close descrpition of the sound i search for is in louise cyphre`s recordins if you are intrested and i recomend this band a lot, you can find a cuple of songs in http://www.myspace.com/louisecyphre . Thanks!

Archived