Marshall JCM800 2205 footswitch question..

doomsdaymachine

• Members

Originally posted by napalmshower05

What's the original footswitch for this beast?? It only came with a generic single-button.

Should have been 2-button, huh? Will any 2-button stereo footswitch work??

Amazing sounding amp, BTW. This thing makes a DSL look pretty whimpy.
;)

If you are just switching from clean to dirty, one button is enough.

For example, my Dual Reverb has two buttons. One for switching channels, and one for switching the reverb out.

• Members

Originally posted by Ke^in

If you are just switching from clean to dirty, one button is enough.

For example, my Dual Reverb has two buttons. One for switching channels, and one for switching the reverb out.

Yes, I know. I'm looking to switch the reverb also, and want to know which pedal will work for both, on this particular amp, so I can pick one up.

• Members

I also own a 2205 and i couldt agree with you more,its amazingly good and i really love it,ive had it for about 12-13 years now,i bought it new (NOS).

Actually the original footswitches were really crappy plastic and almost unuseable,so you dont want those trust me ,i think i actually threw it in the trash after a while,and i built my own footswitch.

There are probably many footswitches that will work,the other guitarplayer in my band for example has a Peavey footswitch for his Marshall silverjubilee head.

I myself control my rig completely with a midi foot controller nowdays and dont use an ordinary footswitch anymore.

Archived