Kayne West= Untalented idiot who got on TV

NuSkoolTone

• Members

I decided I want my own Kayne West thread too, but not about the bush comments, just the fact that he sucks.

I'd love to know who recruits this "talent" and thinks he's star material. Furthermore the people stupid enough to buy that {censored}.

We've been so far removed from what "Talent" is people wouldn't recognize is if it slapped them in the face. At least I recognize the SLAP!:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by travis bickle

haha, get a {censored}en clue. regardless of his political views, he is one of the best hiphop / soul / r&b producers out today. get over it.

Ok I'll give it a shot.. educate me.

Besides his own "work," who has he produced?

btw, perhaps it's opinion but there's nothing to get over when I hear him on the radio and he just sounds like another ignorant idiot who happened to know somebody and got into the "biz." If anything it's us poor people that have him shoved down our throats that are gotten over on.

So please, educate me on his ground breaking work....:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by NuSkoolTone

btw, perhaps it's opinion but there's nothing to get over when I hear him on the radio and he just sounds like another ignorant idiot who happened to know somebody and got into the "biz." If anything it's us poor people that have him shoved down our throats that are gotten over on.

So please, educate me on his ground breaking work....
:rolleyes:

I am hoping you are a troll. Kanye West has produced some of the biggest hip hop records and artists in history. Talib Kwali, Jay Z, Scarface, Mos Def...

Just because you don't like it, or don't understand it, or don't want to listen to it...doesn't mean it's irrelavant to other people.

• Members
Originally posted by Japetus

I am hoping you are a troll. Kanye West has produced some of the biggest hip hop records and artists in history. Talib Kwali, Jay Z, Scarface, Mos Def...

Just because you don't like it, or don't understand it, or don't want to listen to it...doesn't mean it's irrelavant to other people.

Hmm interesting. No I'm not a troll, I just get irritated when I hear more of the same crap on the radio. When I hear him talk whether it was his "Bush doesn't like Black people" comment or on the VMA's it just send me over the edge. People this stupid shouldn't have access to the media.

Speakin of meida, who IS that dicky? YUM! :eek:

I stand corrected on his body of work. He helped a bunch of guys with samples, turntables, and a couple microphones peddle some albums. Good for him.

It's a matter of opinon, but I don't consider the "buzzworthy ability to blend old school R&B samples and live instrumentation on a hip hop production" (As in Vibe 7/28/05) a major talent. As a keyboard player and engineer of 15+ years, it's really not that hard. By the way, putting some beats together makes you a producer now? Well I guess it follows since everyone with a computer considers themselves a producer these days. As far as I'm concerned, guys like this are a dime a dozen. Not everyone hooks up and gets famous though. Again opinion, but he just doesn't impress me. Very little of the genre does. After saying that, my luck he might have produced them too but I think the black eyed peas and outkast are great! Before someone insinuates I only like Rock or Metal...

For the record, I DO "get it" however you are correct I don't like it nor do I want to listen to it. I've never considered beat stealing (sampling) relevant. It just shows you're too lazy, Can't make your own , or under funded to do the project with originality. {censored} half the songs these guys do are DIRECT rips off songs from the 60's-80's. So lay down some beatz and rock the mic yo! (ok, maybe that's a little dated, but you get the idea)

• Members
Originally posted by NuSkoolTone

So please, educate me on his ground breaking work....
:rolleyes:

He wrote a beat for the Alicia Keys song 'You Don't Know My Name". Like Japetus said, he produced for Jay-Z back in 2001 for Izzo, which was a huge hit. He's not some idiot who got lucky, he's had much sucess in the past. He's also worked with John Legend on his album as well.

• Members
Originally posted by travis bickle

haha, get a {censored}en clue. regardless of his political views, he is one of the best hiphop / soul / r&b producers out today. get over it.

LMAO Bro on this forum most of these guys have no idea about hip hop, r&b or soul.

They also dont realize that before Kanye started rapping he was producing most of the beats on Roc - A - Fella / Def Jam Records.

A friend burned me his new album but I havent listened to it yet so I dont know if it sucks. I will say that I wasnt the biggest fan of some of the singles off his first album, but he is homies with Common so thats coo'. :p

• Members

Ha! I should of known Dat Nigga Japetus would know whats up. :D

• Members

Even though i'm as British as the next guy...looks over and sees some redneck...erm well, maybe not...but I gotta call BS on this Kayne West crap:

It's called Freedom Of Speech.....happens every day.

Just because there are people who should engage brain before putting foot squarely in mouth means nothing. He has the right to say whatever the {censored} he wants, as do those derinding him for being an idiot.

• Members

Originally posted by Senor Forum

It's not exactly string theory.

hiphop music gives the illusion that its simple. have you ever tried to make some beats? its a WHOLE lot harder than you think. sampling is truly an artform, when done with class. im not talking about some idiot sampling a whole {censored}en hook to an old song, im talking about the dj premiers, dj shadows, and lord finesse's. those cats are just as talented as any guitar hero you can name.

and dj'ing as well. scratching and cutting beats are {censored}en complicated, especially kids out nowadays doing beat juggling and {censored}.

i have always loved this debate of rock vs. rap.

• Members

eor has always hated the rap = talent debate because it's like arguing with a brick with down's syndrome. ardent rock dudes will always come out with some bull{censored} "it's just talking fast", "anyone can do it" or "kanye west can't play eruption".

just take our word for it, people. it's harder than you think.

love,
eor

kayne's super biggest hits were just bits of old school jams all sped up and {censored}. his last album got 5 stars in the latest rolling stone, by the by.

• 15 years later...
  • Members
On 9/14/2005 at 10:53 PM, NuSkoolTone said:

Hmm interesting. No I'm not a troll, I just get irritated when I hear more of the same crap on the radio. When I hear him talk whether it was his "Bush doesn't like Black people" comment or on the VMA's it just send me over the edge. People this stupid shouldn't have access to the media.

Speakin of meida, who IS that dicky? YUM! :eek:

I stand corrected on his body of work. He helped a bunch of guys with samples, turntables, and a couple microphones peddle some albums. Good for him.

It's a matter of opinon, but I don't consider the "buzzworthy ability to blend old school R&B samples and live instrumentation on a hip hop production" (As in Vibe 7/28/05) a major talent. As a keyboard player and engineer of 15+ years, it's really not that hard. By the way, putting some beats together makes you a producer now? Well I guess it follows since everyone with a computer considers themselves a producer these days. As far as I'm concerned, guys like this are a dime a dozen. Not everyone hooks up and gets famous though. Again opinion, but he just doesn't impress me. Very little of the genre does. After saying that, my luck he might have produced them too but I think the black eyed peas and outkast are great! Before someone insinuates I only like Rock or Metal...

For the record, I DO "get it" however you are correct I don't like it nor do I want to listen to it. I've never considered beat stealing (sampling) relevant. It just shows you're too lazy, Can't make your own , or under funded to do the project with originality. {censored} half the songs these guys do are DIRECT rips off songs from the 60's-80's. So lay down some beatz and rock the mic yo! (ok, maybe that's a little dated, but you get the idea)

Fam you are lucky you get Kayne in the radio, Im stuck with the same  shi.t pop commercial songs everyday. 

Archived