Wow, I just got the best email ever from Krank Amps, this is absurd!!!

Megadeth7684

• Members

My friend was interested in buying one of the Framus Dragon cabs "Tony Krank" was selling on Ebay, but he doesn't have an account, so I sent him an e-mail asking about the cabs for him. Here's the reply I got...

"Hi Megadeth7684. I really like what you ahve been saying about our kranks amps we work so hard to build and market. I just figured out who you since you wanted to buy our framus cabinets that we had for sale. I am going to block you from our auctions from now on. I am glad people have a place to express their opinions but the kind of trash talking you have been giving us is uncalled for. If you belive you can build a better amp please come out to AZ with you circuit building ideas and we can work something out. I will give you all the transformers, tubes, caps, resistors and other stuff you need to build a tube amp. OK!!!

Have a good one TONY KRANK"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a {censored}ing joke. Krank Amps rule. Could they run a worse business?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This email proves that Krank has cronies posting/viewing this forum, how else would this guy know what I've been saying about Kranks? I said nothing about Kranks in the original email I sent him. :confused: The cronies are more than likely all those morons that make their first post about how amazing Kranks are, and question why we all bash them. Then we all say they work for Krank, and they deny it. :rolleyes:

• Members

originally posted by Dave Owens

you screwed up by leaving a trail tho..should have been more discrete..

could have yanked him for a long way..lol..

Haha! I should tell the moron I want to fly to Arizona and try to build a better amp, see what he says to that. :p

originally posted by OverDriven

Ahahaha even funnier since you were serious and he probably just lost a sale. Besides, did he really think you weren't going to post this?

Yeah, my friend was going to buy it. He just had some questions about the cab, and wanted to know if "Tony Krank" would hold one of the cabs until next week for him.

• Members

I replied with this...

"Everything I've heard from a Krank amp has sounded horrible except Soilwork at Ozzfest and 1 clip on your website. They have a horrible high end sizzle and they sound very thin and weak. You could easily prove me wrong by sending me a Krank amp to test out. I have not had the chance to play one yet. I want to like your amps since so many metal bands are playing them now, but I'm guessing you guys hand them out for free considering almost any tube amp sounds better. I also like how you guys had your employees post false reviews on Harmony Central saying how amazing your amps are. That's a great way to run a business, I commend Krank Amps for that one. Any company that does that, is a good solid hard working group of guys, like you said. However, if you send me a Krank amp I will review it honestly and fairly. I'll even pay shipping both ways. Thank you."

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

Did you expect him to be nice after you talked {censored} about him, his company, and amps left and right??

Doesn't take a psychiatry major to figure out why he acted as such.

Um, what does it matter? This is a forum and business is business. Forums are for allowing people to express themselves. Business is about money, not selling to who you think deserves the product. However, I gotta say, that's a great email, LOL! If he were a man, he'd step up and let you review one of his amps. However, I doubt he will.

• Members

Originally posted by Code-001

Um, what does it matter? This is a forum and business is business. Forums are for allowing people to express themselves. Business is about money, not selling to who you think deserves the product. However, I gotta say, that's a great email, LOL! If he were a man, he'd step up and let you review one of his amps. However, I doubt he will.

Yeah....business is business.....I wouldn't sell to someone who was known to verbally trash my business left and right if I were Tony.....regardless of how good/bad his amps sound.

If you've ever run a business, you'd know that some sales aren't worth the potential hassle if you can't stand the customer.

• Members

I just listened to some clips on their site and they dont sound half bad really. Not to say they're blowing me away or anything, but they sound decent. Then again I've never heard a krank in person so that may or may not change my mind.

As for the company's business ethics...well...I wont get into that.

• Members

I have to agree with ranalli on this one, but I do understand your side too mega. Least we know the guy reads the forums:D

Business is business and the guy has some balls to send that email back and actually remember you from all the 50-100 people that have bashed them here, including me. Maybe he made a list up...LOL.

Maybe he has more money than sense, I dunno. But he could have sold you the cab if he wanted to and took your money. Obviously he is not in it all for the money. If he can get the amps to match his attitude we would all be playing them:D

I agree with you totally on the tone though. I would like to hear something good on a wider and consistant basis. Until he can put the tone where his mouth is the company is doomed IMO.

Archived